How the bleep am I supposed to deal with a snorer?

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

12 Dec 2008, 8:35 pm

I can relate real easily. Snoring also gets to me. I cannot ignore it, no matter how hard I try. I don't understand how others can tolerate it. I am able to sleep with the radio on, music, fan, but not snoring. Even I don't understand myself sometimes.

When I hear my boyfriends snore in the other room, I turn on the fan. When I stayed in Montana, I could hear my parents snoring in the room below me despite the door being closed. So I had to play some music.

carturo222
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2008, 12:22 am

You don't deal with a snorer. You either silence him or accept your miserable life. I've been roommates with a chronic snorer for years, and there's no way around it.

13 Dec 2008, 2:34 am

Every time my boyfriend snores, I hit him or pinch him. Sometimes I close his nose.

Manders
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2008, 4:01 am

It's a VERY good thing that snoring doesn't bother me, because my housemate is the worst. He sleeps on the opposite side of our house, and with every door shut, it still sounds like he's sleeping right beside me. I've told him multiple times he needs to get it checked out... it's not a healthy sounding snore. You'd have to hear it, I guess...

Try turning music, a TV, or even a fan on when you go to sleep for background noise that's not an irritating snore. Try earplugs, too.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2008, 1:29 pm

I snore, and in order to be a good hubs, I learned to sleep with another pillow to prop my head up a little. It helps quite a bit. There are other helps, like throat spray and such which might help.

Talk to him ....

DeLoreanDude
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2008, 1:56 pm

Just remembered this - there are strips you just put on the outside of your nose that reduce the sound of snoring a lot, my dad uses them coz his snoring drives my mum mad!

You get them in boxes for a few pounds down at places like Boots.