Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Relicanth7
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2008, 6:48 pm

LOL its exaclty like that i can descaribe things better in a picture than in words... :?

Mosse
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Dec 2008, 7:43 pm

I think verbally... :?

End it all?

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2008, 11:35 pm

My thoughts are in... words. Written words. When I think about something it's always as if I'm writing about it to someone. But I'm not sure what thinking in pictures means.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2008, 7:13 am

I think in pictures. This became apparent when I was a kid and we played word association games, or the game where you have to say the first thing that comes into your head when someone says a word. That game always confused me because if someone said "dog" then I would see an image of a dog in my mind but no words. I had to make a conscious effort to make words form or just try to describe what I saw e.g. black labrador dog sitting on a lawn looking up at me.

Much of my thinking is none-verbal. I see images, flows, patterns more than words. I also write software for a living and tend to think in logic and source code when doing that, if that makes any sense, rather than words. I often run sections of program code in my mind before testing them with the computer.

Words always seem secondary or to come "after the fact" when thinking about things. Words are what I need to communicate with other people but I have little use for words myself.

aspi-rant
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2008, 7:20 am

aspi-rant
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2008, 7:21 am

BTW... i think in pictures.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2008, 7:42 am

aspi-rant wrote:

Interesting read. I got 17 out of 18 for visual spatial learner. The only question I answered no to was spelling, because I don't have too many problems with that, except for words with double ss or double cc. The word successful plagued me for years.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2008, 8:22 am

aspi-rant wrote:

I've added this test as a new thread and poll option to the 'off the wall' forum if people would like to share their results. :)

aspi-rant
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2008, 9:24 am

TallyMan wrote:
The word successful plagued me for years.

... wich you successfully spelled this time. :lol:

contrary the word wich, which was spelled wrong by me... and which took me some extra effort and a spellchecker to find out was indeed with an "h"... :? maybe i'll remember it next time. :lol:

DeLoreanDude
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2008, 10:58 am

TallyMan wrote:
I think in pictures. This became apparent when I was a kid and we played word association games, or the game where you have to say the first thing that comes into your head when someone says a word. That game always confused me because if someone said "dog" then I would see an image of a dog in my mind but no words. I had to make a conscious effort to make words form or just try to describe what I saw e.g. black labrador dog sitting on a lawn looking up at me.

Much of my thinking is none-verbal. I see images, flows, patterns more than words. I also write software for a living and tend to think in logic and source code when doing that, if that makes any sense, rather than words. I often run sections of program code in my mind before testing them with the computer.

Words always seem secondary or to come "after the fact" when thinking about things. Words are what I need to communicate with other people but I have little use for words myself.

Thats why I cant do that game properly!

It all makes sense now!

I'm gonna check out that upside down brilliance thing now.

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2008, 3:38 pm

i do scents

DeLoreanDude
Veteran
Veteran