Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Starrsy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2008, 1:23 pm

Have you noticed, a certain selection of games influence your life? For instance, i played Tony hawks underground 2, it was my favourite game for a long period of time. Then, i started walking the streets. The 1st thoughts in my head, "Hm. I could grind along that hand rail, jump onto that low garage roof, then ollie over the edge." Irritating. Also, Mark Ecko's getting up: contents under pressure, Changed my life in 2 ways. Walking to school, my thoughts. "Hm. I could put up a legendary tag over there." It also made me decide one of my possible career choices was graffiti.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2008, 2:38 pm

While playing the Ace Attorney games, I turned every minor scuffle with my siblings into a debate, complete with finger-pointing and "objections". :)

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2008, 4:49 pm

Years of playing RTS games give me the false sense that I would be a great military tactician...

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2008, 12:34 am

Oh yess I have this hapen when I play games a bit too much. Well one of the worst ones was when I played Grand Theft Auto too much and walking down the streets I kept looking around at the cars and having thoughts of stealing cars. Some such as pokemon have caused me to think I hear the music everywhere. I think it was doom 3 that also had an affect of makeing me become a bit paranoid. ANd I think a range of FPS games have affected me a bit with feeling of getting shots.

Thatmew
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2008, 12:27 pm

Of course there is the Tetris effect, and some games, you have to spend real money to pay for things, thus affecting your real money. :lol:

jkennedy293
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Dec 2008, 1:16 pm

If I do a lot of time trials in GT4, and then drive my real car, I tend to carve the corners a bit faster. My wife will usually comment with "You played GT4 today, didn't you?" Its pretty funny.

gismo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2008, 3:15 pm

jkennedy293 wrote:
If I do a lot of time trials in GT4, and then drive my real car, I tend to carve the corners a bit faster. My wife will usually comment with "You played GT4 today, didn't you?" Its pretty funny.

I'd like to see some guy speeding, get stopped by the police, and simply state: "Well... I was playing Colin McRae rally this morning, so..."

Well, in large buildings, especially the ones with things you can grab onto, I always think of routes of getting down if you were stuck on the roof...

I just find myself thinking... "Man, how cool would it be if a motorbike just crashed through that window and cornered round that desk into the wall"

:lol:

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2008, 4:10 pm

Years of playing RPG's always leave me with the desire to quick save before I make any major decision, upon which I will realize there is no magic CTRL+S for real life... *looks forlorn*. Also, I know how you feel ToadOfSteel, though to be honest, RTS got me big into military strategy, and now I am studying it to be a military historian.

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2008, 4:41 pm

So it really is true when the media blames the increase in violence on video games?

That said you guys make me feel better about myself because after I play the game Varmintz then go out in town I start trying to keep from letting anyone see me or corner me as I go around aisles in the store.

Mike61290
Raven
Raven

12 Dec 2008, 8:13 pm

LOL this is funny, after playing different types of games most of them skill based, with levels playing little to no part in gameplay, speed, skill and accuracy seem a lot more important to me than most things, which is why I like semi-automatic long range rifle, or bolt action. Also I play a lot of strategy games so I definitely believe in planning out everything beforehand to some extent. RPG's ....... I took quite a few values from them as well as from animes, mangas etc. Never give up, perseverance can win out over natural talent. Basically, we all have potential in all areas, potential and current skill is different so well yeah, I think its obvious where this is going. Anyways time to fly :O nice subject go, also playing DDR for a long time seems to make me want to learn how to dance for real lol, playing metal gear solid makes me want to army crawl through the dirt and then shoot a bad guy :P

Starrsy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2008, 12:02 pm

The thing which has influenced me, time and time again, is saints row. I'll see someone walking down the road in a yellow shirt, and i'll think "is this their turf or something?". It deeply annoys because i like it when my mind is blank. Also The sims has made me think i can grow up, build my house, go to work with friends and strength, and fly up the career ladder to be an A-list Actor. lmao

gismo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2008, 12:31 pm

Starrsy wrote:
The thing which has influenced me, time and time again, is saints row. I'll see someone walking down the road in a yellow shirt, and i'll think "is this their turf or something?". It deeply annoys because i like it when my mind is blank. Also The sims has made me think i can grow up, build my house, go to work with friends and strength, and fly up the career ladder to be an A-list Actor. lmao

Play it a bit more and you'll be walking about shouting at everybody... "Get off my turf losers!" :lol:

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2008, 12:36 pm

I just thought of this phemonima for a moment, which is one reason I dont want guitar hero.

gismo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2008, 1:47 pm

^
:lol:

kleodimus
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2008, 4:30 pm

my sister imagined a sniper on a building because of cod4

Moop
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Location: Right here! Ya! Right behind the monitors glass! Get me out of here!

14 Dec 2008, 4:35 pm

Thatmew wrote:
Of course there is the Tetris effect, and some games, you have to spend real money to pay for things, thus affecting your real money. :lol:

I remember the tetris effect!
I played so much tetris last year, that every time I saw a tile floor with different color tiles, I saw the shapes of the tetris blocks.