Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

jacola
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Feb 2009, 8:27 am

I belive ANXIETY & STRESS are the main key to most of all these conditions . creating extream behaviours to combat the distress we are feeling in the first place . If we can reconise what triggers the anxiety, we can do two things 1. Find out & , note down what triggers these feeling of distress & work on ways to combat it.
2. avoid anything associated with your feelings of distress, isolate yourself & become very lonely.

Its your choice

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2009, 11:31 am

The wikipedia article on Avoidant Personality Disorder is me to a tee.

jacola

26 Feb 2009, 11:46 am

So your happy to avoid everything that causes you these feelings of distress & stay in your comfort zone ?

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2009, 12:36 pm

Well sure who isn't happy to be in their comfort zone? But no, it's more about being fearful of social interactions due to fear of rejection. I never can accept that people might like me or anything.. I always assume that no one notices me or likes me and I'm always beating myself up for saying 'the wrong thing' and .. well read the article :P It explains it better than I do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avoidant_p ... y_disorder

desdemona
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 May 2009, 5:42 pm

One thing about being a new member is you find all these perfectly good threads. :-)
However, I hope the person that wrote this is still on. But I think whoever it is, should run and not walk away from this provider. Borderline is one of those things that people use to dx confusing individuals. It is just way way way over done. You should find someone who knows about adult autism (which is way easier said than done).

At one time, I was dxed borderline. I finally went to a biologically oriented psychiatrist. He doesn't know about autism, but he was able to dx a seizure disorder and said it was affecting everything, including mood.
He took me off all anti-psychotics and put me on seizure meds. I improved just about overnight. I had been hospitalized and in and out of psyche wards and this stopped overnight as well.

A dx of aspergers or hfa would have done the same thing I think. Borderline is a dubious dx and very unlikely if you are aspie.

Also attachment disorder or something will fit of course, but that is if you werent' this way from an early age. If you were you have a developmental disability (i.e. arising during the first 3 years of life) not a personality disorder.

I think there are few people that do have a personality disorder and autism. I knew someone who was psychopathic and aspie. It isn't the more common thing of misdiagnosis though.

--des