what would you do if you spent the nite at a store?

Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

14 Dec 2008, 5:34 pm

afterhours, like wal-mart? did anyone see that movie with that pregnant girl who went into the bathroom and while she was in there the store closed so she just pretended to not be in the store and came out of the restroom to find the store empty, i think the first thing i'd do is run around the isles screaming "im the only person here!" and then mess around with the cash registers, and hit up the magazine isle and sleep in the candy isle

do you like being alone in stores or out for late nite walks when nobody uses them? i do.

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2008, 6:25 pm

I must agree it's a good feeling to be in a big store late at night with relatively few people. So much more relaxed. It's peaceful and calming to walk down to Sainsbury's late at night.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2008, 7:26 pm

I love tesco's around 2 am.

I can ride the cart and there's no people in the queue :D

I've always had this fantasy of being locked up in a store overnight. as a child I fantasised about all the candy, now I guess I'd go for the liquor department.

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

14 Dec 2008, 7:30 pm

I'd head to the Games and Toys section. Oh, and the batteries section if need be.

This relates to one of my 'little worlds'. Being the only person on Earth that exists, or at least pausing time for everything but me. Everything like water and electricity would still work. I'd go on a personal road trip around New Zealand (or the North Island, as I don't know how to boat across Cook Strait) and swipe everything I like.

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

Xelebes
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2008, 7:51 pm

I'd probably curl into a ball and sleep. Only going to be realistic here.

chamoisee
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2008, 8:06 pm

I would probably face all the aisles, starting with the stuffed animals.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2008, 8:08 pm

KBABZ wrote:
I'd head to the Games and Toys section. Oh, and the batteries section if need be.

This relates to one of my 'little worlds'. Being the only person on Earth that exists, or at least pausing time for everything but me. Everything like water and electricity would still work. I'd go on a personal road trip around New Zealand (or the North Island, as I don't know how to boat across Cook Strait) and swipe everything I like.

how would you keep the electricity going though?

I remember I read a short story about a guy who finds himself in such situation. what he did was go to the Louvre or some other museum and smash all the Mona Lisas and other artwork.

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2008, 10:06 pm

I would pace all the isles for hours. That would be amazing.

Then I would go into the toy section and play-- color in all the coloring books and steal the stickers.

Then to the book section, get a few books. Then I'd grab some blankets and find somewhere to sleep-- maybe on what of the belts by the cash registers.

=]

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2008, 10:30 pm

Big stores like Wal-Mart often have security guards in them 24-7.

aspergian_mutant
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2008, 10:33 pm

I would go and read all the labeled ingredients on the containers,
water the plants and trim them up nice,
remove all the rotten fruits and place them in a box for the morning workers to find,
perhaps do some cleaning and reorganizing just to be helpful.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2008, 10:36 pm

I'd say 'Merry Christmas', because that's the only time Wal-Mart is closed...;)

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

14 Dec 2008, 10:43 pm

anna-banana wrote:
KBABZ wrote:

Well the point is that it's an imagination, I can just go "oh it just keeps going" because my imagination isn't real and I make up the rules in my imagination.

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2008, 10:44 pm

Richard, you're great!

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 12:02 am

I've thought about hiding in stores until after they close. I'd pig out on the food and put on as many pieces of the clothes that I wanted as I could, then I'd go to the luggage area and get a duffel bag and fill it with more stuff I wanted, thn e I'd hide somewhere near an exit and when the store had been open for a while just walk out.

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 2:05 am

if i was in a store after closing time i would sleep in the candy aisle, maybe play with the toys

Owendust
Raven
Raven

15 Dec 2008, 3:41 am

anna-banana wrote:

Wow...

That made me imagine what it would be like to move through a room where all the photons cast by the lights in the store were frozen in time. I pictured myself walking through them, physically pushing them along with me until the front of me started to glow really bright. I imagined myself backing up to see a glowing negative of myself, like a mold of my entire body made of light, with a dark shadow-like path, where I'd displaced the photons mid-air, leading to the glowing me.

Although, I guess I wouldn't be able to see it because the photons would be stuck in mid-air, and not be traveling towards my eyes. But it's a cool thought, nonetheless.

Hmm...I wonder if that means that if we could freeze time, everything would appear to be pitch-black...okay, I'm gonna stop this line of thought before I give myself a headache.