Laser-guided rocks - Classic meets Future

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 9:19 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldne ... -week.html

Ethnicity, reasons and blame aside, this is awesome. A true combination of THE classic projectile weapon (a hunk of rock) and new technology to improve its accuracy and targeting.

Heres to the laser guided rock. Has the technology of warfare no boundaries?

Alternatively.. its a conspiracy. Greek police come equipped with LASER HELMETS to blast rioters. Equally as awesome, not as likely.
I await the demotivational poster avidly. The image cries out for one.

pandd
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2008, 1:18 am

It's just a laser. I have one, in the shape of a gun (although it is red not green) and further mine makes groovy pictures (although some twit at the factory put the filters in upside-down and wrong way around, so you have to hold the laser upside-down if you want to see the images displayed the correct way up, and reflect it off a mirror onto another surface if you want the words to be right way round and up) as well as operating as a 'pointer'.

It cost me $3.00 dollars and came with a battery already inside, plus two spares. They are the button type and usually retail for more than $3.00 each when sold individually, so I feel quite pleased about my purchase. Plus there was much entertainment when the pictures were discovered, and while we figured out the filter was upside down and wrong way around.

LeonKrahe
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Dec 2008, 1:53 am

I don't know about laser-guided rocks, but there's high demand in Iraq now for some laser-guided shoes.

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2008, 7:05 am

LeonKrahe wrote:
I don't know about laser-guided rocks, but there's high demand in Iraq now for some laser-guided shoes.

Rofl. I suppose you could laser-guide anything you liked.

It just tickles me that the combination of oldest and newest works so well.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2008, 8:19 pm

This is a stroke of genius, I have to admit.

SpiceWolf
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2008, 4:01 am

Quote:
Plasma rifle in the 40 Watt range.

Hey, Just what ya see pal.

Laser guided rock.

You sure know your weapons buddy, anyone of these is perfect against Greek blue.
So, which will it be?

AHWL.

First thing that came to mind when I read it :)

L.