Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2008, 5:45 pm

I'm interested in getting a weighted blanket, simply cuz using three or more is just too many for how I sleep, and that many just becomes way too hot. If people could tell me their experiences with weighted blankets, it would be appreciated.

ephemerella
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2008, 5:47 pm

I sleep with several layers of blankets so I can adjust heat capture....

drowbot0181
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2008, 5:51 pm

They make weighted blankets...? 8O

Moop
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Location: Right here! Ya! Right behind the monitors glass! Get me out of here!

16 Dec 2008, 6:02 pm

I wish I knew where to find them. I just use 4 bed sheets and a quilt on my bed. I know it gets hot, but I get very cold, even in the summer.

Try looking at any testimonials on websites that sell these blankets.
During the day, wearing a jacket feels really good. It's hard to find a jacket that is heavy, so look around, but something of moderate weight still feels good.

DwightF
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Dec 2008, 6:10 pm

A thread I started yesterday has slipped to the second page now but this is really recent and has some good info in it. I want to thank everyone that helped me out there.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt85662.html

These are talked about with a good deal of reverence by those that have tried them. It looks like the tricky part with ordering them is that they are rated by total weight of the blanket, so if you get a king size 15lb that is something very different than a twin size 15lb blanket as the total mass is the same but it is distributed out a lot more with the king size.

Last edited by DwightF on 16 Dec 2008, 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2008, 6:21 pm

I just want to be able to start sleeping without so many blankets that I wake up drenched in sweat in the middle of a hot night and can't get back to bed.

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2008, 12:31 am

Dumb question: does anyone who likes to be tightly wrapped up in a blanket also like tight clothing? I know I discovered the liking of tight clothing by mistake when figuring out what old clothing I was getting rid of. Unfortunatly for me, I'm not willing to swim that hard against the current. However, most of the time that I need that kind of comfort, I'm at home and have access to a blanket anyways. on that note, unlike most guys, I look for pants that are just tight enough in the waist to give me that little bit of extra comfort throughout the day, but because of that, they tend not to last, but at least that is something that is not swimming against the current.

gypsyrose
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Dec 2008, 6:33 pm

I like to sleep with a lot of blankets too. Even in the summer I'll pile on three or four blankets on the bed...in hot Georgia. My dad is exactly the same way, and he lives in southern Alabama.
I thought it was just a weird little family trait.

chamoisee
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2008, 8:01 pm

I just made one for myself, and it works great. I can describe the process if you like. I am sleeping more deeply and waking more rested than I have in years!

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2008, 8:53 pm

A weighty subject topic

You could pm a member named Strapples, and he could write your ear off on the subject. He is an authority on this, and a good one, too! :D

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2008, 8:58 pm

Padium wrote:
Dumb question: does anyone who likes to be tightly wrapped up in a blanket also like tight clothing? I know I discovered the liking of tight clothing by mistake when figuring out what old clothing I was getting rid of. Unfortunatly for me, I'm not willing to swim that hard against the current. However, most of the time that I need that kind of comfort, I'm at home and have access to a blanket anyways. on that note, unlike most guys, I look for pants that are just tight enough in the waist to give me that little bit of extra comfort throughout the day, but because of that, they tend not to last, but at least that is something that is not swimming against the current.

I like tight clothes over baggy. The baggier clothes itch when bits rub against my skin. I don't use a weighted blanket but I like to wrap myself up in a blanket, like I'm in some kind of burrito.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

31 Dec 2008, 11:53 pm

Personally I don't like heavy blankets on me even when it is cold. The weight of them bothers me. My wife likes heavy blankets so we never agree on this. I usually just push the blanket aside a bit and use the sheet.

BelleAdele16
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Jan 2009, 8:19 pm

I actually joined the forum just so that I could reply to this thread!

I got a weighted blanket about a month ago. It's 4x6 feet, and it weighs 15 pounds. I am in love with it. I fall asleep much faster and sleep much more soundly with it. When I sit and do work (I'm a college student), I always have it wrapped around my shoulders or on my lap. It makes it much easier to focus my mind. I loooove this thing!

DivaD
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 8:35 pm

had mine about a year, love it :heart:

i just stay in bed all day now! :lol:

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 9:49 pm

am use stuff already there,rather than buying them,a lot more heavier than weighted blankets-too light weight.
use a huge and very heavy weight rug,and when after a bit more weight will get under mattress.

Padium,
am would say try making own or get someone else to do it-because can choose the exact amount of weight to use-here's one:
http://www.sensory-processing-disorder. ... anket.html

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 10:45 pm

The best sleep I have ever had was with 6 blankets. It is hard to go back to that, as I was borrowing from my parents stash of spares over Christmas. So, I'm thinking when I've got the cash, I'm gonna order a blanket from this one site I have found that only sells that type of product.