Page 1 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2008, 4:51 am

I know that I enjoy it very much. I've always have. I love the family get togethers, the social gatherings, the music, decorations and the toys. I have nothing but warm memories of my childhood Christmases. It was a vacation away from the kids at school, as well. I love the displays that the stores put on, and I enjoy celebrating Jesus, as well. I also enjoy the Christmas specials that are on the telly at this time of the year. Am I the only one here, who loves Christmas? :santa: :rendeer:

17 Dec 2008, 5:08 am

Of course not. I love it. I like all the lights, the decorations, the music, and what I loved about it as a kid was getting new toys. That was all I cared about. I even loved getting things for my brothers I liked but as they got older, it got harder to shop for them because their interests changed. Now it doesn't mean much because I don't expect gifts and this year I am only getting my boyfriend two things. Last year I got carried away because I bought him like 11 gifts. Now this year my days were cut way back so I am not shopping as much. One item per person even though I got my parents two things but they weren't expensive.

Tails
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Dec 2008, 5:42 am

I'm not in any way religious, but I still really enjoy Christmas as a time to regroup with family and loved ones, and for te general atmosphere of warmth and festivity which permeates almost every place I visit.

OddDuckNash99
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2008, 8:04 am

I love everything about Christmas. I enjoy the religious aspect, as well as the traditional aspects. It's a very Aspie-friendly holiday for me, because I get to do the same things every year. :lol: My mom puts the ornaments on the tree in the same place every year, and, if she doesn't, I object. I set up my nativity set that I've had since I was a kid in the same order. I stack the gifts under the tree by size and shape, and I put each person's pile in the same spot every year. I love opening presents and giving presents. My family is very small, so that's probably another reason that I love Christmas- I don't have to go to large social gatherings. :lol: I just spend Christmas morning with my parents and Christmas evening with my parents and grandparents.
-OddDuckNash99-

Nash: Is there a difference?

Keith
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2008, 8:13 am

BAH HUMBUG :twisted:

If you enjoy it, I'm not stopping you :D

ephemerella
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2008, 8:17 am

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2008, 9:20 am

I love Christmas. I always have. I have a lot of good Christmas memories from childhood.

GUBMUH HAB :santa:

grinningcat
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Dec 2008, 10:02 am

I love Christmas :santa: My mom always did her best to give us a great christmas, I love to get people gifts, and walk home at night past all the bright lights and displays, its so cheery. I love the office Christmas party, a chance to get dressed up and go out for a really nice meal and not have to worry that the waitstaff will try to move me away from a table so a group can have it. I remember in childhood getting to go ice skating on frozen lakes, with hot chocolate and sugar cookies afterwards. I remember trekking up to the snow covered roads of the power lines, and tobogganing all day. Ooh, and always, there was a Pippi Longstocking movie on during the xmas holidays (much to my mothers disgust - she hated Pippi). I have my living room nice and festive this year - there is something very relaxing about glowing lights.

The only thing I could do without at Christmas is my aunt, and she isn't going to be in town this year :cheers: :cheers: (last years most memorable moment with her was having her sit at Christmas dinner and tell everybody there was no god - then you shouldn't go to his kid's birthday party, I guess...). She already sent me a toxic christmas card (apparently she is trying to make me feel guilty because I am not going home, and my grandmother is old, and is going to die - one day. Um, what, so my visit will magically cure death? If that is true, maybe I should just spend the day at the local hospital instead...?). :lol:

vide infra - my tree:)

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2008, 10:58 am

What lovely pictures! I love all the beauty of Christmas!

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2008, 11:39 am

:santa: I absolutely love Christmas! :D The excitement, the presents! :D It's always great during the Christmas countdown too, because it gives a Christmas feeling. :)

SpongeBobRocksMao!

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2008, 2:57 pm

As a child and later in my early teenage years I used to enjoy Christmas but now in truth I got bored with it. Poland has very rich Christmas traditions but we don’t celebrate them at our home.

Fidget
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

17 Dec 2008, 3:01 pm

I'm an atheist and I still love Christmas. Is that bad? Some of my happiest memories are of Christmases, there truly is something magical about it. The snow, the lights, the presents, the fudge, the egg nog, the tree, the songs! *sigh* It makes me giddy just thinking about it. :D

I can't imagine why on Earth the suicide rates are so high at the best part of the year. =(

gismo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2008, 3:09 pm

I love Christmas, I'm just soo exited this year, I had my first mince pie this year today(It's a major moment in my life...:lol:)

We have a tree up, and actually, I'm not at school from now till January, so I'll be on for the next few days.. but yeah...

I LOVE CHRISTMAS!

manman
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Dec 2008, 3:13 pm

slowmutant wrote:
I love Christmas. I always have. I have a lot of good Christmas memories from childhood.

GUBMUH HAB :santa:

:( I sorta love christmas exept I don't get what i want. :(

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2008, 3:14 pm

One of my first memories – me, trying to pick a long candy decorating our Christmas tree and as a result turning the tree over and destroying almost all glass balls. :twisted:

BastetsEye
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Dec 2008, 3:27 pm

I love Xmas.

Everything about it. I become a little kid again.

I think it helps that a stim of mine is humming, singing, making noises, At Xmas I can translated it into carols and get away with it, for one part of the year no one looks at me weirdly, they jut assume I'm filled with the Xmas spirit!

I love the lights (not so much here, our town is really scrooge like, they have more money than the surrounding towns but are lights are cheaper. Truely we go round to the other towns and while the light aren't really expensive looking, they try harder to make it look nice).

I love the snow. Every year I pray for snow on Xmas, But since we live in the south we hardly ever get any. Still we got some about a week ago, so the chances are better this year.. so fingers crossed.

I love the telly, although they seemed to be getting more blockbuster and less and less Xmassy every year.

And finally the thing I love the most is presents. Not getting them, but giving them. I only get presents for my mum and Dad, And while I don't really mind how dad reacts I love getting presents for my mum. She had a lousy childhood and never got presents thanks to a Abusive mother and indenial Father. So to be able to get her stuff I know she'll really like. Like this year I've got her one present, costed 20 quid, It's a candle holder with a statue of a woman, and it's really classy and elegant and remind me off her. But the present I'm really excited to get for her it a 4 quid tiny hedgehog. Because she loves them and I know after she gets her big present she'll think that's it and be quite happy and content that, that's it. But then I'll give her the hedgehog!!