Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Would You Vote For An Ambassador To Represent The Autism Community?
Poll ended at 16 Jan 2009, 1:21 pm
Yes 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
No 23%  23%  [ 8 ]
Yes, if he or she is autistic 69%  69%  [ 24 ]
Total votes : 35

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2008, 6:38 pm

$5.15/hr is what I made doing a paper route that paid based on a commission of the paper and number of flyers. That as a minimum wage is just unreasonable, inconsiderate, and almost a form of abuse on the people who work for that pay.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2008, 7:44 pm

I signed it after creating an account.

Here in Oregon, the minimum wage is averaging at $8.50/hour.

If you belive in the ARA 2009, create an account and sign it!

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2008, 11:33 pm

Padium wrote:
$5.15/hr is what I made doing a paper route that paid based on a commission of the paper and number of flyers. That as a minimum wage is just unreasonable, inconsiderate, and almost a form of abuse on the people who work for that pay.

Yeah, that's what I made working at the library when I was a teenager. Right now the minimum wage in NY is $7.15 though.

Bopkasen
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2008, 1:17 am

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
I signed it after creating an account.

Here in Oregon, the minimum wage is averaging at $8.50/hour.

If you belive in the ARA 2009, create an account and sign it!

Thank you!

Bopkasen
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2008, 2:46 am

Believe it or not, I want to point to an article and why we should update the education policy that our constitution that are nothing but an 80's outdated law.

We are in the 2008 yet having the 80's education policy dictating the kids with special needs as well as autistic children.

Click Here and Read About 80's Education System As Seen On CNN

Can you say? Human right violation?

This is why I need your help to vote on "The Autism Reform Act of 2009". We can update the education system and have the new law protect kids with autism.

Click Here To Vote For "The Autism Reform Act of 2009"

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2008, 8:27 am

Bopkasen wrote:
Believe it or not, I want to point to an article and why we should update the education policy that our constitution that are nothing but an 80's outdated law.

We are in the 2008 yet having the 80's education policy dictating the kids with special needs as well as autistic children.

Click Here and Read About 80's Education System As Seen On CNN

Can you say? Human right violation?

This is why I need your help to vote on "The Autism Reform Act of 2009". We can update the education system and have the new law protect kids with autism.

Click Here To Vote For "The Autism Reform Act of 2009"

WOW.... that is disturbing......... As far as I know, we don't have such a thing in Canada, and thank God for that. As for the bill, I'd vote for it if I were American.

Tantybi
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2008, 4:44 am

You wanna complain about taxes, tolls, and minimum wage? Go to Puerto Rico.

Anyway, I totally feel for the person who said they are about to lose their state job. My hubby's company is planning a bunch of lay offs, and I'm scared about it all. We got kids, and I stay at home with them. So, yeah, this is a very scary economy we got.

Also, I should add that I read this article about how Warren Buffet (wealthiest guy in the world, just out did Bill Gates on it) had pretty much disowned his granddaughter. They were like, poor thing has to live off of $40,000 a year (single, young) as a starving artist (since Shirley Temple's daughter is one of her biggest clients) and she can't even afford health insurance. Bless her poor little heart type thing. Shoot. My husband makes 40 g's a year, and we got a family of four, with our two kids still in diapers and one still drinking formula, and we got health insurance, and as pathetic as it may be to the Buffet family, we feel like pigs because it's more money than we ever had. Hence why it's so scary to us if he loses his job because we now added some monthly expenses that we are stuck with, and couldn't afford on less pay.

Either way, my response I'm making to the original post is going to be sent PM.

Bopkasen
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2008, 4:29 pm

Tantybi wrote:
You wanna complain about taxes, tolls, and minimum wage? Go to Puerto Rico.

Anyway, I totally feel for the person who said they are about to lose their state job. My hubby's company is planning a bunch of lay offs, and I'm scared about it all. We got kids, and I stay at home with them. So, yeah, this is a very scary economy we got.

Also, I should add that I read this article about how Warren Buffet (wealthiest guy in the world, just out did Bill Gates on it) had pretty much disowned his granddaughter. They were like, poor thing has to live off of $40,000 a year (single, young) as a starving artist (since Shirley Temple's daughter is one of her biggest clients) and she can't even afford health insurance. Bless her poor little heart type thing. Shoot. My husband makes 40 g's a year, and we got a family of four, with our two kids still in diapers and one still drinking formula, and we got health insurance, and as pathetic as it may be to the Buffet family, we feel like pigs because it's more money than we ever had. Hence why it's so scary to us if he loses his job because we now added some monthly expenses that we are stuck with, and couldn't afford on less pay.

Either way, my response I'm making to the original post is going to be sent PM.

Thank you! I appreciate that comment. I encourage people to take consider and remove the blindfold to understand that there is a problem that is hidden and lurk like evil intended.

Bopkasen
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2008, 5:19 pm

bump

Bopkasen
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2008, 5:06 pm

bump

Shiggily
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2008, 7:21 pm

If it is this Autism Reform Act...

http://www.change.org/ideas/view/accept ... ct_of_2009

then no

of particular concern are the following proposals

6.) Protection and Advocacy MUST be funded properly to allow parents that need help get it without any more then a 15 day waiting period.

10.) Insurance companies must make available all resources for children and adults with Autism Spectrum Disorders including but not limited to any items deemed necessary by the physician for the treatment of metal toxicities and any other theraputic orders their physician may order.

12.) This Reform Act must be 'open' for additions as needed and create a 12 parent panel to propose such additions.

8.) Relief for parents who have paid out of pocket to educate their children must be made swiftly with 100% reimbursement.

then

1.) There must not just be one person but an ENTIRE U.S. OFFICE OF COMPLIANCE for Educating Children with Autism.

and

3.) School Districts/States must each have an " Office of Autism Education Compliance or be subject to loss of Federal Funding.

These tend to be offices run by politicians or individuals who know nothing about autism, and there is concern over who these offices would be held accountable to. There is also the concern that parents would abuse the system of reimbursement.

Bopkasen
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2009, 2:00 pm

The link to original Change.org "Autism Reform Act of 2009" has been changed dues to the deliberate attack from obvious motive from our medical insurance and pharmacy companies.

We are frustrated at the recent action which has change the link.

OUR new link for "Autism Reform Act of 2009" is http://www.change.org/ideas/view/_the_a ... _of_2009__

Medical industries and companies that disrupt autism community will not go unnoticed!

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2009, 11:18 pm

NocturnalQuilter wrote:
My first- and only- questions is this: Who is gonna pay for all of it? A good chunk of my tax dollars have already gone to bank and potential automotive bail-outs. Yet due to state budgetary cut-backs I'm being laid-off this Friday.
The Autism Act Reform Act of 2009 only means increased taxes- which I cannot support much less afford.

the same way most money comes from-money manipulation and makiing money off nothing-e.g. debt. Yes money 'owed' is debt.

also I'm afraid of this

Quote:
#
# 7.) Grants for research, education, and non profit organizations for those with Autism Spectrum Disorders must be made in the amount of 5 billion dollars. Not sure where this number came from, and have no idea whether it's appropriate.

Uh. What organization

Quote:
#

# 9.) Behavior Intervention Plans must accompany all Individual Education Plans. I suppose this makes sense - couldn't hurt, but I am not sure why it's critically important for all children with autism.

I'd be doubtful of BIP plans, maybe its's remembering some of the reports in Judge Rotenburg

Quote:
#

# 10.) Insurance companies must make available all resources for children and adults with Autism Spectrum Disorders including but not limited to any items deemed necessary by the physician for the treatment of metal toxicities and any other theraputic orders their physician may order.

uh...metal toxicities? Mercury chelation?
http://autism.about.com/b/2008/12/21/au ... please.htm

not voting yet. what's the other options of the social climate, if this is the best yeah ill vote for it.

EDIT: the first part basically says 'f**k you' to genocide and torture.. yeah ill vote for it