I had an aspie dating moment.

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Kirska
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2008, 5:27 pm

I'm married, so I don't go looking for guys, but today I had a moment that reminded me of my dating days trying to impress men.

I walked out the door of my apartment and I heard someone getting closer (keys jingling, etc). I thought it was the guy caddy corner to me so I thought nothing of it, but it ended up being the guy across from me that I had only seen from afar up to this point.

He is absolutely gorgeous, like one of those men that should be an Abercrombie model but he's not "pretty"... but all built and tan... anyway... he saw me. He looked at me and said hello and smiled and I got so nervous I just locked my door and trotted away quickly.

Later it made me laugh :P

devster21
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Dec 2008, 6:00 pm

I'll do that with my own girlfriend. :oops: She will compliment me or say something sweet. I'll blush and just keep doing what i'm doing.

EgaoNoGenki
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Dec 2008, 10:14 am

Kirska wrote:
...I got so nervous I just locked my door and trotted away quickly...

I believe you just offended him. I would get pretty darn thoroughly offended by the slightest sign of shunning.

(But if he had known you were already taken, he probably would've overlooked you. Is your wedding ring easily seen?)

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2008, 10:23 am

EgaoNoGenki wrote:

I believe you just offended him. I would get pretty darn thoroughly offended by the slightest sign of shunning.

excuse me, WHAT?

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2008, 11:23 am

anna-banana wrote:
EgaoNoGenki wrote:

excuse me, WHAT?

Seconded. We're all sensitive to rejection to various extents, but I don't get this.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2008, 12:40 pm

makuranososhi wrote:
anna-banana wrote:
EgaoNoGenki wrote:

excuse me, WHAT?

Seconded. We're all sensitive to rejection to various extents, but I don't get this.

apparently not throwing yourself at EgaoNoGenki is a serious offence.

lock me up, officer!

billsmithglendale
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2008, 1:19 pm

I'm sure a guy that good-looking is used to having a strange effect on women. He was likely not offended at all.

Kirska
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2008, 4:42 pm

EgaoNoGenki wrote:
Kirska wrote:
...I got so nervous I just locked my door and trotted away quickly...

(But if he had known you were already taken, he probably would've overlooked you. Is your wedding ring easily seen?)

I don't have a wedding ring; we haven't had a ceremony yet, we're just legally married (it's a really long story but just take my word for it that it makes sense when you hear the whole story).

I know that he has seen my husband going in and out so he probably wasn't offended. I don't think he was hitting on me or anything.

I feel bad about it now, but I'm moving in like 5 days so I'm not too terribly worried about it :P