Page 4 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

anthonylee
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Apr 2010, 10:55 am

I don't understand a lot of NT humor as I have often been the only one in the room not laughing at a joke. I do have a sense of humor and do find many things funny! The TV shows that are the funniest to me are "My Name is Earl," " MASH", "Night Court", and The "Pink Panther" Cartoons and movies. There are a few other things here and there. I like to make jokes out of idioms. I like to make parodies/satire out of things. I can do impresions and say things in a funny sounding voice. Sometimes I will play practical jokes, but not very often.

stratify
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Apr 2010, 1:06 pm

BastetsEye wrote:
I can speak for others, and technically I haven't been diagnosed, but on the theory that I am...

I wonder if we have more of a child like sense of humour. I tend to like rather innocent jokes. Like the ones you get in crackers.

These are some of the jokes I find funny:

What do you call a romantic starburst?
A Casa-Nova!

What's the difference between a singer and a sheperd?
One goes me-me-me-me, the other goes ewe-ewe-ewe-ewe!

What's the difference between you and a Sheep!
Ewes a Human!

I agree with you. Personally, my taste in jokes are quite childish and elementary. I "understand" the jokes people make in comedy shows and sitcoms, but they're usually not funny. It sort of sucks because I sometimes crack up all by myself and everyone around me wonders why.

SuperTrouper
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2010, 6:30 pm

I have so much trouble auditorily that I never think anything that I hear is funny. If I do, it takes a lot of time to click, and by then the humor has long passed. But I think visual things are hilarious, like in children's movies, and things I read. Here's a joke I "heard" from a friend online that made me laugh out loud:

Why did the tomato blush?

It saw the salad dressing.

Hahaha...

I also hate dirty jokes. I just find them gross.

Ahaseurus2000
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2010, 7:17 pm

Absurdity and rediculousness for me.

I think everyone has different preferences and there is no one "aspie" sense of humor. Also some forms of humor have to be learned. Satire, like "Blackadder", is less funny if you don't know british culture, royal history, the class system, or the middle ages.

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2010, 8:11 pm

NTs think I'm boring, starchy and I can't have fun. And if I even laugh, it's because of sick/odd/unknown reason.

I like some things like Anthonylee, I like parodies ( but not as stupid as Scary Movie! ), grotesque, irony and wordgames (like oxy-morons, for these plastic bleached blondies). NTs often don't understand it. I'm one of last persons to be starchy, but when I'm with people, I don't know what to do and what's the best.
I like to watch people and see how they're funny in their behaviour.

I can't find any fun in sitting with friends, laugh and squeeze (see: teen girls). I can't find any fun in destroying things or bully/cheat/gossip sb. So they all call me boring. My facial expression can be inappropiate and they add this to boring-features. Like harsh voice. It's bore-dar (if I used right word).

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 7:20 pm

OK, this would require nerves of steel...so be fore-warned...I have an idea about Aspie humor...

I'm old enough to remember Andy Kaufman doing standup as a foreign guy standing next to a record played and lip syncing to the Mighty Mouse song. (That's not my idea) My idea would be to do standup comedy as a society stereotypical Aspie. Your first joke would be explaining some obscure idea regarding string theory and then saying "but that would be silly....string...get it silly string?" And so on, I've never watched that popular TV show with actors portraying stereotypical aspies, but i saw the lead actor do a commercial with one of the Williams sisters of tennis fame. That gave me the idea, in other words, you would be teasing the audience by acting very stereotypical and having a blank expression, flat affect voice and so on...

(Go ahead and feel free to tell me I'm an idiot and/or a genius)

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2017, 3:35 pm

I think I like a lot of absurdist comedy, like on The Muppet Show and Kids In The Hall or even sketches of SNL from the 70's-80's. I've gotten more LOL moments out of a half-hour of Kids In The Hall than I have watching a two-hour line-up of most American sitcoms, where I'm lucky I chuckle at them or can even sit through one episode.

I also have something of a gift for telling a story about something that happened in real life and giving it a humorous twist.

JakeASD
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2017, 4:22 pm

I've been told I have a very dry sense of humour, but I still find goofy comedies such as Ace Ventura, Liar Liar and Tommy Boy extremely funny.

Jim Carrey and Chris Farley in the 1990s were - and still are - hilarious to me.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2019, 6:32 pm

I was once asked, "did you just attend comedy traffic-school?"