Socially appropriate things to say when meeting a new group

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Jsmitheh
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Dec 2008, 1:07 am

Nuclear holocaust is not pub talk, what is pub talk? i have no idea.

Airborne
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Dec 2008, 8:22 pm

For one thing thats quite blunt....NT's hate blunt things, even if you say it in an emotionless way it makes you look like an ass, I dont understand how something unemotional translates to harsh but it happens. Just avoid topics like that, I used to say stuff like that all the time and not understand its harshness to the average conventional mind.

bricklaya
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Dec 2008, 9:29 pm

I think that NTs don't mind it so much if one of them brings it up, because NTs approve of the way their own type communicate. I think that we come off differently during discussion, and it's not something they're familiar with or really aware of.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2008, 11:33 pm

KenM wrote:
Some things not to say:

" I stoped taking my medication today, homocidial urges be damned."

" I had a floater when i went to the bathroom this morning."

" Don't you hate it when you go to wipe your butt after you go to the bathroom and the toliet paper gets stuck in your butt and you have to pick it out?"

"Hey! The voices have stopped!"

"I'm joining the priesthood so that I can work more closely with children."

"You wouldn't believe how difficult it is to evict a handicapped person!"

"Childbirth does wondrous things for the development of a woman's pelvic region!"

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

asplanet
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2008, 11:40 pm

I usually say I prefer extreme quirkiness, difference... others usually get the idea I am not into social conformity :alien: 8O

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2008, 11:41 pm

Jsmitheh wrote:
Nuclear holocaust is not pub talk, what is pub talk? i have no idea.

Quote:
"Thish guy ... heez muh bestest frend evr ... i could be so gay for him if bein gay dint make you a fag ... heesh always thuh firs tuh buy drinx fur everbody ... DRINKS FUREVRBUDDY ... muh frens buyin ... whatjoo lookin at punk? aincha never seen nobody havina gudtime afor? smatterwidjoo ... stoopid punk kids comin in heer an aktin lik thay owns thuh whole dam playce ... sept fur thish guy ... mih bestest best buudy I evr had ..."

Do you have a better idea now?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.