The 50 Best Albums of 2008 (by Pitchfork)

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2008, 4:42 pm

I agree, Vampire Weekend are great.

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2008, 7:17 pm

Dokken wrote:
lol They put Lil Wayne on the list and Kanye West. These people must be fools. Specially since they have Portishead new crappy album as number 2. I'm confused as to why half these bands are even in some sort of top 50. Vampire Weekend? seriously lol

vampire weekend is on the list? what happened to Pitchfork :?

JohnHopkins
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2008, 7:27 pm

For my top ten, check out the Gaz Hughes list here:
http://www.rockmidgets.com/features.php?&id=1579&page=4

DocStrange
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2008, 11:41 am

gismo wrote:
Vampire Weekend deserved their 7th Spot place... I've got that album, it's pretty good...

What is Pitchfork?

Pitchfork Media is a music review/news website that mostly focuses on indie and alternative rock music. Without them, Arcade Fire, Black Kids, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah and Tapes 'n' Tapes would not be as well known as they are. However they're known for being kind of stuck up (sometimes in a good way, sometimes not).

I'm kind of sad that Why?'s Alopecia is only an honorable mention. I thought that was a Top 20 record.

Los Campesinos! i'd thought be higher, too. I expected Fleet Foxes at #1 and all the albums in the Top 10 totally deserve being there. Alot of my friends were shocked that Beach House was that low.

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2008, 3:37 pm

From what I remember of the press surrounding their respective albums Pitchfork definitely made Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, though Arcade Fire were going to be big anyway. Maybe not as big, though.