Remains identified as missing toddler Caylee Anthony

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

jrknothead
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2008, 4:43 pm

Remains identified as missing toddler Caylee Anthony

Not exactly the closure I was hoping for in this case... but at least now we know... hopefully this discovery will give her mother some incentive to tell what she knows...

In other news, I fixed my computer :) Had to buy a new motherboard and processor...

Kasuki-Chan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2008, 6:42 pm

aww..... that's horrible... pooor girl.... :(

"this is my kekkai genkai!" ~Kimimaro~R.I.P
TEAM HD3H, NEMESIS OF DELOREANDUDE!

NocturnalQuilter
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2008, 6:50 pm

Glad to see it's finally reaching a conclusion. I was getting kinda tired of hearing about this on the news constantly.
Yeah- it's sad, but not overly surprising.

violet_yoshi
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2008, 6:52 pm

The only reason this went on as long as it did, was because Casey was cute thin and pretty. She was someone who looked good being paraded around on the news, I'm sure if she was fat ugly, or a man, they would've considered she did it a long time ago. However, cause she looks like a "poor little thing", she was able to manipulate the media.

NocturnalQuilter
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2008, 7:05 pm

violet_yoshi wrote:
The only reason this went on as long as it did, was because Casey was cute thin and pretty. She was someone who looked good being paraded around on the news, I'm sure if she was fat ugly, or a man, they would've considered she did it a long time ago. However, cause she looks like a "poor little thing", she was able to manipulate the media.

And of course, this is not without precedent:

Andrea yates: Killed 5 by drowning and claimed it was the only way to save them from a depraved world. She was declared insane- unaccountable for the murders.
Susan Smith: Killed 2 and claimed a black man stole her car with the kids in it. Her pleas to the media for the return of her "abducted" children lasted weeks.
Marybeth Tinning: Killed 9 of her own children over the course of 13 years; the first few thought to be the result of "crib death".

Evenflowman454
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Dec 2008, 8:53 pm

NocturnalQuilter wrote:

Andrea yates: Killed 5 by drowning and claimed it was the only way to save them from a depraved world. She was declared insane- unaccountable for the murders.
Susan Smith: Killed 2 and claimed a black man stole her car with the kids in it. Her pleas to the media for the return of her "abducted" children lasted weeks.
Marybeth Tinning: Killed 9 of her own children over the course of 13 years; the first few thought to be the result of "crib death".

interesting... didn't know. little food for thought there :)

and yes this was very sad (caylee being found dead) :(

kitsunetsuki
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Dec 2008, 9:40 pm

Actually it's more that she is white, and not black or Latino that seems to make it interesting to the media, I think even a fat white child would get attention I don't know why weight seems to be such a big thing to you Violet Yoshi, but in fact most children who are missing are interesting to the news based on social station and race. missing white women syndrome

release_the_bats
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2008, 10:22 pm

NocturnalQuilter wrote:
violet_yoshi wrote:

Yes, those are a few well-known examples.

I'm glad she's been arrested, and it sounds like there's a good amount of evidence.

MizLiz
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2008, 10:51 pm

I really hate Missing White Girl syndrome. The media wouldn't have cared if she were black or a boy (or maybe they would have, but for a week at the most and not this length of time, I don't think people would even know who Adam Walsh is if his dad wouldn't have gone on a crusade and really changed the way we think about missing children). Even after everything is settled and the case is solved, there will be little reminders coming up.

Caylee: Five Years Later

Caylee: Twenty Years Later

Just let the poor little girl rest. It's horrible that some monster would do this. I don't know WHAT possible threat a kid could pose that would make someone hurt them. Whoever did it.... :evil:

And that mother for not talking... I'm not going to say she had anything to do with it, but....

Eh. f**k it. She had something to do with it.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2008, 7:45 pm

Not only does the mother has some explaining to do, so do the grandparents!

There are many other missing people out there, regardless of age or race,
and the media gives them little to no attention at all.

Reason? The media sees pretty blonde white women as more identifiable. :roll: :roll:

Such cases on the page for MWWS are examples of bias in the media.

In all honesty, we should write letters to the media, raising awareness about MWWS
and how the media is biased towards PBWW.