Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

calculon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Dec 2005, 7:57 am

The documentary film starring Helena Bonham Carter which is based on the Jackson family (Jacqui, Luke etc...)

Is on Tuesday 13th December

9:00pm - 10:30pm on BBC 2

Also "My Family & Autism" is repeated straight after at 10:35pm on BBC FOUR

Helena Bonham Carter is to star as Maggi, a mother with seven children - three 'normal' daughters and four sons who are each, in one form or another, autistic - in BBC TWO's uplifting drama Magnificent 7.

The production is inspired by real life supermum Jacqui Jackson and her extraordinary children, who were featured in BBC TWO's documentary, My Family and Autism, shown in 2003. Jacqui Jackson has worked as a consultant on the production.

Written by Sandy Welch (North and South), Magnificent 7 is a warm, poignant and enriching story which looks at the struggles, tears, laughter and moments of magic that this surprising household experience over the course of a year.

Helena Bonham Carter said: "I found the script funny, touching and humane. Hopefully, this film will help people to understand what it is like to be autistic, and moreover, celebrate rather than marginalise what it is to be 'different'."

Curtis is supersensitive and allergic to everything, including Christmas and the colour red. David - with ADHD - is a mini-whirlwind, creative and destructive in equal measures. Christopher has Asperger's syndrome and with it a problem with anything that doesn't say exactly what it means. Richard hates surprises and being jolly.

Producer Deborah Jones said: "We are delighted that Helena is to portray Maggi, whose determination to do the best for all her family and her loving and chaotic world is truly uplifting.

"Inspired by the real life Jacqui Jackson, Magnificent 7 will give viewers a truthful insight into her life and those of her extraordinary children. As a drama, this will be an urban fairytale - funny, heartbreaking and inspirational."

Roly Keating, Controller of BBC TWO, said: "Helena Bonham Carter is a stunning signing for this strongly authored single drama inspired by Jacqui Jackson's incredible story of triumph over adversity.

"She will bring poignancy and spirit to this modern day tale of family life."

It is directed by Kenny Glenaan (Yasmin, The Cops) and executive producers are Laura Mackie and Richard Stokes.

Larval
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2005, 9:24 am

Sounds like a beautiful/wonderful/amazing documentary/movie to watch.

Wish I was in the UK...

Jonny
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Dec 2005, 5:43 am

Cool ! !

Ill be watching this

Larvel, dont you guys normally have a BBC channel ? maybe they will import the show in future.

calculon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Dec 2005, 6:01 pm

Well,

What did everyone think about it.

For me, I really enjoyed it, it was funny, sad and had a heart felt message to it. I especially liked Maggis speech at the sports day event very patriotic and gives a better message for what Autism really is.

I liked how they focused on that when that guest at the christmas party said "Artistic" instead of Autistic not knowing what that was that commonly happens at lot with the general public.