Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

d057
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2008, 10:20 pm

I hate doing group work in high school. I'm supposed to do some stupid group project with these people that are extremely rude to me. There are six people in my group, and the project is a PowerPoint on the computer, and our school has a mobile wireless lab. Only three people are allowed to use a laptop, two are supposed to do research, and the third person is supposed to do the stupid powerpoint. Everybody else has to used the class textbook to look for information on the topic, and this b***h girl just grabs my book off of my desk because she always forgets her book in her locker, and she is do damn lazy to get up and get it out of her locker. The other two people in the group are walking around the room, and joking around with there stupid friends, and the three people on the computer are just playing around on music sites, and youtube, when we are supposed to be working. Our final grade will determine on how the entire group performs. Monday is the last day we get to work on the project, and we have to present it on the day we come back from christmas break, and we have nothing! All of the people in my group dont listen to any of my ideas, and they just snap at me and tell me to "shut the f**k up", and they call me a bunch of rude nasty names. I tried to talk to the teacher about this, but he just ignores me and tells me to deal with it. I really dont know what else to do about this, we talked to guidance, and it didnt help. :?: :x :evil:

gramirez
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2008, 10:25 pm

I can totally relate to that. Especially since I live in a very affluent area, and all the kids are rich, spoiled brats.

Now I just go up to my teachers and say, "Either give me an alternative assignment, or give me an F".

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2008, 10:51 pm

I know what you mean.

I also HATED "choose a partner" work. I'd always be the only one left out, and be too shy to ask someone or even say that I didn't have a partner. So I would always fail, or be thrown into someone else's group who usually weren't happy to have me-- or make me do all their work. Sigh.

d057
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2008, 11:02 pm

gramirez, my mom emailed that teacher and said that exact same thing. I sure hope the teacher lets me do something else.

Moop
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Location: Right here! Ya! Right behind the monitors glass! Get me out of here!

20 Dec 2008, 11:33 pm

buryuntime wrote:
I know what you mean.

I also HATED "choose a partner" work. I'd always be the only one left out, and be too shy to ask someone or even say that I didn't have a partner. So I would always fail, or be thrown into someone else's group who usually weren't happy to have me-- or make me do all their work. Sigh.

I always get left out too. Or if I pick someone, they already are in a group or their friend won't let them join.

I don't understand how people can just use youtube when they are supposed to be using the computer for information. In my culinary class, there are 4 computer, and people hog them up for music videos.

Crocodile
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Dec 2008, 11:48 am

buryuntime wrote:
I know what you mean.

I can so relate. That's just what happened to me so many times.

And I HATE group work, for a variety of reasons.

I GRADUATED WITH THE HIGHEST GRADES OF MY YEAR!! !! !

madam_mim
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Dec 2008, 10:41 pm

I am a Senior in high school, and I've never liked group work. I live in a fairly wealthy area, and kids usually feel entitled to good grades for just showing up. So, I always ended up doing all of the work when I was younger. Now, though, I'm in all Honors and AP classes, so there are significantly less stupid, lazy people. Actually, I ended up presenting a group project alone just yesterday because my partner didn't show up to school. And it was for Honors Political Science. Go figure.

d057
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2008, 3:09 pm

I talked to the teacher, and he made me exempt from the assignment. He acted so annoyed when i talked to him about it. I really hate this teacher! He stands there and favors the kids that dont give a s**t about school anyway.

EnigmaticPhilosophy
Raven
Raven

25 Dec 2008, 6:40 pm

Similar things have happened to me in school before, so I can kinda relate.
As a result, I have come to dislike group work as well. I have always done better working alone than with other people.

d057
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2009, 3:54 pm

I had to do the presentation the day we came back from Christmas break, which was Friday Jan 2nd, and nobody in my group showed up. I had no idea what to say, and the teacher acted pissed off and annoyed when i asked him if i could do another assignment, so he just turned around and gave me a zero out of 60 on the assignment. I had no idea what to do because they didnt let me do anything on the project, and they didnt let me read any part of the presentation.

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2009, 1:40 pm

I remember those days. I dreaded hearing the word "group work" every time I was in class. Every time we had to go into groups, I would just sit there like a loser while everyone else would get into their little groups and when I was the only one left, the teacher would randomly put me into a group (usually with people I never talked to) and I'd just look like a social outcast. Those were the worst of days in high school. I'm glad that at my college, everything is done independently. Thank God.

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2009, 2:25 pm

RockDrummer616
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2009, 5:20 pm

Quote:
I also HATED "choose a partner" work. I'd always be the only one left out, and be too shy to ask someone or even say that I didn't have a partner.

That is totally how I feel in almost every class.

Moop
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Location: Right here! Ya! Right behind the monitors glass! Get me out of here!

06 Jan 2009, 5:33 pm

In my science class, I had to dissect a fish, and my lab partner kept poking the fishes eye. It makes me shudder!
It was once a living creature too and needs to be treated properly.

RockJustice
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Jan 2009, 8:18 am

RockDrummer616 wrote:
Quote:
I also HATED "choose a partner" work. I'd always be the only one left out, and be too shy to ask someone or even say that I didn't have a partner.

I third that statement.

LostInEmulation
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2009, 8:40 am

RockJustice wrote:
RockDrummer616 wrote:
Quote:

I third that statement.

I fourth it. :(

Penguins cannot fly because what cannot fly cannot crash!