Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

catwhowalksbyherself
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Dec 2005, 8:15 pm

...is apparently an Aspie too! (according to my grandmother.)

Can't say I'm particularly surprised to hear that... but...

People don't want a date with destiny, they just want a date with a dentist. --- Michael Howard

Endersdragon
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2005, 8:18 pm

Im pretty sure hes not dxed as such but appears to be on, go with Spielburg if you want a really famous dxed aspie.

Vote for me in 2020 :-D

Lurker_Extraordinaire
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Dec 2005, 8:58 pm

I made the mistake of going to the Kentucky derby with my parents one year.....miserable experience. Mint Julips are nasty!

Anyway......the girlfriend of one of my parents guests at the Derby supposedly interviewed Bill Gates for some reason or an other....anyway, I overheard her comment in conversation that Mr. Gates rocked in his chair during the entire interview she conducted.

Stimming!

grayson
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Dec 2005, 9:02 pm

Video of a younger Bill Gates rocking: http://www.msboycott.com/media/ (scroll down to the clip called "Bill Gates ROCKS!").

catwhowalksbyherself
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Dec 2005, 9:09 pm

Grayson - thanks for that.

I know I have to really control myself not to play with my hair in those kinds of situations (I use an Alice band to tie it back now)...poor Bill...I'm not sure I like that site in general. If they think Microsoft isn't good, then fair enough, but it seems to stray into the abusive territory of the self-righteous.

PS what's dxed?

People don't want a date with destiny, they just want a date with a dentist. --- Michael Howard

Larval
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2005, 10:35 pm

dxed == diagnosed.

As for M$, well there is a long story behind that company ... too much to get into here (and very much off topic anyways). You'd be suprised what came out of the M$ anti trust suit though.

Nuttdan
WP Co-Founder
WP Co-Founder

10 Dec 2005, 10:56 pm

Is that Steve Ballmer with him?

GroovyDruid
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Dec 2005, 11:14 pm

Yeah, I watched that clip. Thanks for posting that. Man, that guy REALLY rocks. I don't go through that much motion, personally. Maybe that's the secret to building a billion-dollar fortune! :D

Oh, as for Spielberg: does anybody know a source to that SAYS he's diagnosed? The only one I can find is IMdB, but those profiles are all written by fans of the site. I'm pretty sure he's AS, and I've heard it around, but I can never find a reliable source for it.

Boldness has genius,
Power and magic in it.

--Goethe

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2005, 1:38 am

I thought someone had once said he was diagnosed PDD-NOS. I don't recall who though.

Though if he were, it would certainly be a later-in-life diagnosis. They didn't have that diagnosis when he was a child.

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

GalileoAce
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2005, 3:51 am

I'd heard Spielberg was apparently Aspie, hence his interest in directing Mozart & The Whale (was unable due to prior responsibilities or some such) but I did not know he was actually diagnosed and confirmed... Is that true?

Bill Gates is a likely Aspie indeed...

lizzie
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Dec 2005, 8:42 am

I wondered what dxed was too! LOL! bill gates is maybe an aspie but he's not very good in the computer world! microsoft are not that good! My freind tells me that Apple mac's which are also an aspies design are supposed to be better! :D *hope i'm not sounding offensive*

Klytus
Toucan
Toucan

11 Dec 2005, 8:43 am

GroovyDruid wrote:

Oh, as for Spielberg: does anybody know a source to that SAYS he's diagnosed? The only one I can find is IMdB, but those profiles are all written by fans of the site. I'm pretty sure he's AS, and I've heard it around, but I can never find a reliable source for it.

I am not at all convinced Spielberg has Asperger's.
I've seen a few sources that said he "suffered from Asperger's Syndrome as a child".
Hmm, so does that imply he's since "recovered"?

Anyway, the term "Asperger's Syndrome" didn't even exist before 1981.

There was a discussion on Wikipedia about whether Spielberg had Asperger's or not, but it seems to have disappeared.

snaive
Butterfly
Butterfly

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2005, 10:07 am

lizzie wrote:
I wondered what dxed was too! LOL! bill gates is maybe an aspie but he's not very good in the computer world! microsoft are not that good! My freind tells me that Apple mac's which are also an aspies design are supposed to be better! :D *hope i'm not sounding offensive*

I hate windows...but Bill Gates has a good talent with computers,he was programming since he was 13 and started Microsoft when he was still at uni,Bill is the CEO of M$,it's the developer team that make the OS,so Bill is often used as the sole blame for faults when he isn't,windows is really a victim of it's own success.
Apple Macs can't be compared to windows as Macs are hardware,it would be hard to compare windows and Mac OS X (the modern mac operating system) as PCs and and Macs (x86 + PPC) are on different levels,but it isn't always as stable as people think (OS X I mean).

Re.Bill Gates an Aspie.
It would be good if the truth was outed,and he really was on the Autism spectrum,as it is someone with a positive high level job which would create good awareness of ASD,and also to those people who think Autistic is just another word for dumb,it would be good if they found out the operating system they were using was created by a man with ASD.
As a Linus Torvalds supporter,perhaps I shouldn't be saying that,but it's always good to have positive awareness.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2005, 11:09 am

GalileoAce wrote:
I'd heard Spielberg was apparently Aspie, hence his interest in directing Mozart & The Whale (was unable due to prior responsibilities or some such) but I did not know he was actually diagnosed and confirmed... Is that true?

I think someone said the last time we discussed Spielberg, that he's never reveled anything about having an official diagnosis. However, it's been out in the media and he hasn't tried to deny it. So...

And of course, Dan Aykroyd I believe is "out" with his diagnosis, so sayeth the grapevine.

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2005, 11:25 am

I doubt he is an aspie.

He is far more a cut throat back stabbing businessman then he is a nerd/geek with computers. He's number one a business man number 2 a computer expert person.