Page 1 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2008, 1:11 am

i got drilled by a person called pegasus on another forum, about how im faking autism, because "i cant be a classic autie by my posts", and im so tired of hearing it over and over, and that person decided to never give up until i just had enough, with the holidays being too stressful for me, i dont need anymore added on stress. but i wish you all a happy holidays, if its christmas, hanakah, kwanzaa, idk, just happy holidays hehe. ill maybe still lurk but thats about it. its amazing how one person can ruin another person, how they just dont stop until they get what they want. talk to everybody again one day. if anybody is ever around jersey and wants to hang out, pm me! love to meet ya. already met the owner of wp, and a couple other wpers, which was a great experience hehe. adios.

animal
Toucan
Toucan

23 Dec 2008, 1:14 am

Oh, how sad. I've always enjoyed your posts. I hope the holiday period goes well for you, or at least isn't too stressful.

23 Dec 2008, 1:23 am

Don't you get sick and tired of those people? I sure do so that's why I try not to let those people bother me. Since lot of aspies get it and so do LFA's, it shouldn't bother me.

Try not to let this person get to you. Hope to see you back after the holidays.

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2008, 1:30 am

I would've taken it as a compliment...maybe I'm being clueless.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2008, 2:17 am

You could point out that most individuals with Kanner's/classic Autism gain adequate expressive and receptive speech as an adult, whether LFA or HFA; it states such in the American Psychiatric Publishing Textbook of Clinical Psychiatry. This is actually talking, let alone typing [that's generally far easier than talking]. Most still totally suck at social interaction, but they can talk/listen/type adequately compared to when they were children.

People tend to forget that most with Kanner's Autism talk as adults, it's just that their social impairment is more severe [or different] than someone with Asperger's.

23 Dec 2008, 2:20 am

Greentea wrote:
I would've taken it as a compliment...maybe I'm being clueless.

Being told "you're faking it" is an insult but I think I see your point.

pluto
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2008, 2:23 am

Adios.Wishing you a stress-free festive season and hope you'll return to brighten up the forums
again sometime.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2008, 2:27 am

sorry to see you take off, Age1600, your cheery presence has always made me feel wonderful.

Alway remember we are here, when you come back and see us again.

Merle

Keith
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2008, 2:37 am

I love the stereo typical people. Have a great holiday, hope you're not gone for too long :)

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2008, 2:40 am

Please do come back in the new year, the place will not be quite the same without you.

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

ablomov
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Dec 2008, 3:21 am

Hello age1600, I am so sorry some pillock was upsetting to you. At least being aspi I tend to treat others as carefully as I would like to be treat myself. My own level state is being severely disrupted with this Xmas thing.

KaliMa
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2008, 4:36 am

Awww, no! I like you, Age1600! I want you to stay! And Pegasus can go soak his head. We know you're one of us!

Oh, BTW, why does some jerk on some other forum mean you're leaving us? Is he on here, too?

I'm sorry to hear you're so stressed out, the holidays can take you to the edge of sanity sometimes. I also hope you'll be back after New Years'. We'll miss you if you don't come back :)

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2008, 5:00 am

Sorry to hear you're getting trolled. If this person is so much a problem, you could block him/her using these instructions.

Anyways, happy holidays.

Wrackspurt
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2008, 5:45 am

Copy and paste their posts to admins and have them banned (on whatever board) Don't let them get to you. They are obviously seeking attention and zeroed in on you to get their warped jollies. Your diagnosis is between you and your doctor and nobody else.

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2008, 5:54 am

Oh no, Age1600 I am really sorry someone hurt you - what they said is untrue. If you need time off please come back soon. I promise we would never be critically judgmental of you. Sometimes those who post are just plain dead wrong or have their own problems, but I guess you know that already.

I know what hurt feelings feel like. Do you think a moderator could help?

Separate from that, you have a great holiday too!! ! From the Lab Pet, your friend. And you have a planet full of friends here.

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2008, 6:11 am

'For a while' meaning you'll come back right? After the holidays and when you're feeling well again. Guess that's one of my Christmas wishes now then.

I can totally understand you though and agree that maybe a forum-free time may be a good idea to calm down. Especially since Christmas is only a few days away (for me just 1 day since we celebrate the 24th. I think the US has Christmas on the 25th? If not, no use correcting me, I'll forget it again anyway.)

I tend to meet people who claim similar stuff about me such as that I couldn't be possibly AS and am either faking it or have a few classical symptoms and thus can't have AS. I hate it and yes, it's stressing if I originally went to that forum to have a good time!

I hope you have a great holiday. Try to not let it get to you (I know it's hard, because such narrow-minded people are so annoying and clueless about autism, but so noisy allthesame).

Do you get any presents? Are all your important loved ones present? I hope so. Have a good time. Hopefully you're back in 2009!