[25+ Age] L & D Forums for High-Functioning Adult AS?

Page 21 of 23 [ 354 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Abangyarudo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2009, 10:45 pm

sunshower wrote:
Abangyarudo wrote:
not really worried about it due to the fact that its either us shamelessly flirt, compare stories, and talk about b... birdies or we end up going on its current couse and well flirting just seems the better option. Yes shame on you free the bo.... I mean birdies.

:lmao: :lmao:

Like I say to him, ain't going to happen, and keep your shirt on in public!

Yeah, an amusing diversion for me while I procrastinate and do nothing for the first time in weeks. :) (I'm on uni holidays, but working a few jobs to save up)

Character design? That sounds fun.

Anyway, I was just about to sign off and get myself some lunch, thus feeding myself up to do something more practical with my free hours like tidying my room and properly graphing my work hours, or FINALLY starting on my self devised art project or working on my music compositions.

I'll be on and off, probably. :lol:

I was wearing a shirt shesh ... and yes I go for video game design so I am preplanning my final project so when I get to it I have alot of work in the bag already. Thus allowing me to work more on the acutal game programming and graphics. I like to overachieve.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2009, 11:24 pm

Shiggily wrote:
sunshower wrote:
Abangyarudo wrote:
not really worried about it due to the fact that its either us shamelessly flirt, compare stories, and talk about b... birdies or we end up going on its current couse and well flirting just seems the better option. Yes shame on you free the bo.... I mean birdies.

Yeah, an amusing diversion for me while I procrastinate and do nothing for the first time in weeks. :) (I'm on uni holidays, but working a few jobs to save up)

Anyway, I was just about to sign off and get myself some lunch, thus feeding myself up to do something more practical with my free hours like tidying my room and properly graphing my work hours, or FINALLY starting on my self devised art project or working on my music compositions.

where do you live?

QLD, Australia

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2009, 11:25 pm

Abangyarudo wrote:
sunshower wrote:
Abangyarudo wrote:

I was wearing a shirt shesh ... and yes I go for video game design so I am preplanning my final project so when I get to it I have alot of work in the bag already. Thus allowing me to work more on the acutal game programming and graphics. I like to overachieve.

Sure you were... (jk) yes, I like to overachieve too. I sulk if I don't get 7's at uni.

Shiggily
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2009, 2:05 am

sunshower wrote:
Shiggily wrote:
sunshower wrote:
Abangyarudo wrote:

where do you live?

QLD, Australia

I was about to say... only the english call it "uni", well english and aussie. I am not that far away from you. I am up in Japan.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2009, 3:52 am

Shiggily wrote:
sunshower wrote:
Shiggily wrote:
sunshower wrote:
Abangyarudo wrote:

where do you live?

QLD, Australia

I was about to say... only the english call it "uni", well english and aussie. I am not that far away from you. I am up in Japan.

Wow Japan, that's awesome. What's it like living there? I've never been. I've been to Thailand and Vietnam though, and Vietnam was hands down my favourite.

Shiggily
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2009, 7:32 am

sunshower wrote:

Wow Japan, that's awesome. What's it like living there? I've never been. I've been to Thailand and Vietnam though, and Vietnam was hands down my favourite.

it is a little like an aspie paradise

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2009, 7:52 am

Shiggily wrote:
sunshower wrote:

Are you serious? How so? And more importantly, where in Japan should I consider purchasing accommodation? :lol:

Shiggily
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2009, 8:52 am

sunshower wrote:
Shiggily wrote:
sunshower wrote:

Are you serious? How so? And more importantly, where in Japan should I consider purchasing accommodation? :lol:

social norms are very rule oriented, distinctive, and consistent. It is relatively slow paced (In Okinawa) or fast paced (in Tokyo). The Japanese people are quite clean and eccentric. So most of the weirdness that Americans pick up on passes unnoticed here. I find it easy to communicate with people because the communication is outlined very specifically. On the downside, the Japanese people are not very direct... on the upside their indirectness is very structured and is cultural and not individual. I like things that amuse me and in Japan I am endlessly amused. I collect cute funny little notebooks to write in, Japanese clothing with poetic misspelled English nonsense. Everyone is polite, non-confrontational, non-emotional in public. There is a very specific way to act around people. You can bow a little or nod, or say hello... but no further communication is expected (such as strangers sitting next to you). Most interactions are formal or aligned with you speaking English and them wanting to practice English. So the Japanese, as a whole, are very emotionally withdrawn in public (similar in ways to an Aspie), very curious (similar to an Aspie), and have a very specific way of communicating (which is good for an Aspie), they also place less of an interest on physical skills (with the exception of martial arts) and more of a focus on intellectual skills and business success.

On the other hand the Japanese have embrace a non-standard way of living. You are free to wear whatever you want, bright colors, crazy hair. Things in the states that would seem outlandish are the norm here.

so it just seems that fitting in, for an aspie, is easier in a very structured, organized, collectivist society that embraces individual differences than in a very loose, fluid, unstructured individualistic society that abhors individual differences.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2009, 9:11 am

Shiggily wrote:
sunshower wrote:
Shiggily wrote:
sunshower wrote:

social norms are very rule oriented, distinctive, and consistent. It is relatively slow paced (In Okinawa) or fast paced (in Tokyo). The Japanese people are quite clean and eccentric. So most of the weirdness that Americans pick up on passes unnoticed here. I find it easy to communicate with people because the communication is outlined very specifically. On the downside, the Japanese people are not very direct... on the upside their indirectness is very structured and is cultural and not individual. I like things that amuse me and in Japan I am endlessly amused. I collect cute funny little notebooks to write in, Japanese clothing with poetic misspelled English nonsense. Everyone is polite, non-confrontational, non-emotional in public. There is a very specific way to act around people. You can bow a little or nod, or say hello... but no further communication is expected (such as strangers sitting next to you). Most interactions are formal or aligned with you speaking English and them wanting to practice English. So the Japanese, as a whole, are very emotionally withdrawn in public (similar in ways to an Aspie), very curious (similar to an Aspie), and have a very specific way of communicating (which is good for an Aspie), they also place less of an interest on physical skills (with the exception of martial arts) and more of a focus on intellectual skills and business success.

On the other hand the Japanese have embrace a non-standard way of living. You are free to wear whatever you want, bright colors, crazy hair. Things in the states that would seem outlandish are the norm here.

so it just seems that fitting in, for an aspie, is easier in a very structured, organized, collectivist society that embraces individual differences than in a very loose, fluid, unstructured individualistic society that abhors individual differences.

Wow, that does sound good. Except I do like talking to strangers, but more interesting looking strangers of my choice such as a busker I once spent a whole afternoon discussing philosophy and life meaning with, and a cartoonist who showed me some of his work. Generally more eccentric strangers like myself. Cities are a good place to meet people like that.

Shiggily
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2009, 9:24 am

sunshower wrote:
Shiggily wrote:
sunshower wrote:
Shiggily wrote:
sunshower wrote:

Wow, that does sound good. Except I do like talking to strangers, but more interesting looking strangers of my choice such as a busker I once spent a whole afternoon discussing philosophy and life meaning with, and a cartoonist who showed me some of his work. Generally more eccentric strangers like myself. Cities are a good place to meet people like that.

you can still do that. It is just unlikely that they will approach you for anything except to say hi or to practice a little English.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2009, 9:42 am

Shiggily wrote:
sunshower wrote:
Shiggily wrote:
sunshower wrote:
Shiggily wrote:
sunshower wrote:

you can still do that. It is just unlikely that they will approach you for anything except to say hi or to practice a little English.

That's alright, I can approach them. :D I prefer to do the approaching myself anyway, that way I choose who I want to talk to, and not the other way around.

Shiggily
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2009, 9:45 am

I want to spend some time in Tokyo. So I am hoping my next job is there. That way I can go to the university of tokyo. Otherwise maybe I can get a job in Huntington England and go to Cambridge.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2009, 9:51 am

I've always wanted to go to a university like Cambridge. Because all the smart people go to universities like that. If I did, I would definitely study Arts. I'm big on literature, reading and writing.

Shiggily
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2009, 9:22 pm

sunshower wrote:
I've always wanted to go to a university like Cambridge. Because all the smart people go to universities like that. If I did, I would definitely study Arts. I'm big on literature, reading and writing.

I would study math or theoretical physics.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2009, 9:30 pm

Shiggily wrote:
sunshower wrote:

I reckon theoretical physics would be quite interesting. I should read up on a few books on physics sometime. I was always a bit put off maths throughout school because of having to repeat set equations, which seemed really pointless to me; once I knew how to do it, why did I need to keep repeating it 100 times? Also I couldn't find any purpose to solving repetitive sums. Problem solving was a bit more interesting...

Shiggily
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2009, 9:50 pm

sunshower wrote:
Shiggily wrote:
sunshower wrote:

I reckon theoretical physics would be quite interesting. I should read up on a few books on physics sometime. I was always a bit put off maths throughout school because of having to repeat set equations, which seemed really pointless to me; once I knew how to do it, why did I need to keep repeating it 100 times? Also I couldn't find any purpose to solving repetitive sums. Problem solving was a bit more interesting...

there is a fair chance that the repetition is for people with bad memories.