Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Loborojo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2008, 10:11 am

how many of us have problems with that. I cannot stop it...I want to travel or correcting homework of my students or starting up a painting, I postpone until Ihave no more time left...how to solve this???

krex
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2008, 10:58 am

I was going to procrastinate today but decided it could wait until tomorrow....(drum roll)

I used to be able to tell myself (whenever I had the thought....."I will do that later ")..."is there a reason that I can't do it now ? (Not feeling like it, doesn't count ). For some reason, that actually helped me for quit a few years but I have recently slipped back into putting things off...I think the change occured about the same time I got a computer .

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2008, 12:29 pm

tell me about it.

I somehow still believe that I *will* actually do it tomorrow, although I hardly ever do (if you could only see the mess I have round here, not to mention other things that absolutely need to be done, like getting a job for example :p)

I believe that procrastinating is one of my biggest problems, apart from being in denial about it.

willa
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2008, 12:53 pm

Always. Like even if it's something I want to do, not just a 'chore' of some sort or back in school with home work. I just raither sit around on my sofa with what ever is on the TV station it was on when I turned it on.

I guess i kinda dont feel like things dont get done, but they do get done at the very last possible moment.

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2008, 2:24 pm

Same here. I HAVE to pace through my house for awhile before changing activities or whatever I'm doing. But I usually don't stop pacing or I get distracted too much because the thought of starting something else is kind of overwhelming for me.

For instance, I just got a new book 2 days ago. I really can't wait to read it, it's my favorite author's new release. But I've been putting it off because starting a new book is always overwhelming to me and I have to pace for awhile and bleh... I'll get to it eventually.

OccamsIndecision
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Dec 2008, 2:40 pm

I procrastinate, so much so that I started a band called Procrastination. That was 12 years ago, we have yet to write or play.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2008, 6:00 pm

OccamsIndecision wrote:
I procrastinate, so much so that I started a band called Procrastination. That was 12 years ago, we have yet to write or play.

:lol:

When I'm having a productive day, I allow myself only so much time doing stuff that I'm not meant to be doing; then I force myself to spend at least an hour doing what I'm meant to be doing. It usually turns into longer.

On the other days, nothing gets done.

I love my brain. /sarcasm

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2008, 6:18 pm

buryuntime wrote:

For instance, I just got a new book 2 days ago. I really can't wait to read it, it's my favorite author's new release. But I've been putting it off because starting a new book is always overwhelming to me and I have to pace for awhile and bleh... I'll get to it eventually.

hahah! same here. I bought a book by my favourite author (Murakami) and it's been lying on the shelf getting all covered with dust for nearly 2 years. I was going to read it during Christmas and I was all happy thinking about how I'm going to sink into an armchair, sipping hot chocolate while it's snowing outside and I have nothing else to do but read, and yet I'm here wasting my time again lol.

this place is such a timesink...

lionesss
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2008, 6:34 pm

I am terrible with procrastinating.. not so much with the work that I need to do but when it comes to cleaning the house or the car, I am terrible with it.

dhutch
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Dec 2008, 6:37 pm

Yeah i do this alot.
- I was actually talking about it on another forum a day or so ago (non AS forum)

I tend to plan how it could go and how long it could/would take if everything went 100% to plan, working in my favour etc. Then i dont start untill then. Success rate? About 1 in 50!!

Really is an issue.

Not just with work, uni hand-in dates, etc. But just life. Geting my hair cut, dont leave the house till ten to 5, then am supprised when ten minutes later get to the barber and find he;s done for the day.

Daniel

DJRnold
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Dec 2008, 7:15 pm

I have assignments to work on during this holdiay break. I still haven't started. I decided the day before yesterday that I was going to start today (since I went to see family yesterday), but I still haven't started.
As long as I have internet, there's something I'd rather be doing. If my internet was taken away... I wouldn't be able to do the assignments because I need the internet to complete them.
What a dilemma...

TheMaverick
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Dec 2008, 9:10 pm

i am a perfectionist so i procrastinate in everything until it can be done properly.

CelticRose
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2008, 9:28 pm

TheMaverick wrote:
i am a perfectionist so i procrastinate in everything until it can be done properly.

Same here. :roll:

I also procrastinate about anything I don't want to do or find stressful.

My favorite trick to get around this is to tell someone that I'm going to do something by a certain time. Then, if I don't do it I feel like I've lied to them, so I do it.

Autism Speaks does not speak for me. I am appalled to discover that Alex Plank has allied himself with an organization that is dedicated to eliminating autistic people. I no longer wish to have anything to do with Wrong Planet. Delete this account.

mosez
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Dec 2008, 12:36 am

I believe I actually invented that word! :D This is one of my biggest problems, allways have been. Strange word. I got to admit that I'm not familiar with the word. I've seen it but didn't know what it ment, before this post. s**t! That was one of the questions on the AS test, and I left it open. Means I would actually had a higher score.
I live in an old house and there is allways something I don't get around to do, because I leave things til tomorrow, all the time. Before I know, it's winter And impossible to be done. So then I say; I'll do it in the spring..

dhutch
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Dec 2008, 8:53 am

TheMaverick wrote:

So do you start suffciently early?

I like to get things perfect too, and there not harm in that, but i tend to start so late theres nont a chance of geting close.

Handing in universtiy course work unproof written and with whole sections all but missing. That sort of thing, bad.

Daniel