Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2008, 11:23 am

I am not sure if techstepgenr8tion got what I meant, Israel just play the role of US' scarecrow in the Middle East.

Khan_Sama
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2008, 1:55 pm

Gromit wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Lol, this entire thread's a hayride. We forgot the s'mores though, need that for next time.

Do you have a more substantial answer to the question how Israel protects US interests, as you said? For example, does Israel spread democracy and respect for human rights through the Middle East? Does Israel stabilize governments friendly to the USA? Does Israel supply natural resources the USA needs?

If you imagine the states as a country promoting peace and love... then you can continue living in delusion. :roll:

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2008, 5:52 pm

Gromit wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Lol, this entire thread's a hayride. We forgot the s'mores though, need that for next time.

Do you have a more substantial answer to the question how Israel protects US interests, as you said? For example, does Israel spread democracy and respect for human rights through the Middle East? Does Israel stabilize governments friendly to the USA? Does Israel supply natural resources the USA needs?

I'm agreeing that its a foothold in the region. I know that we still have other friendly countries in the region such as Jordan, Qatar, and the UAE as far as places we could dock as needed or keep tabs on things - to that end Israel is an even more intimate asset; more concretely supplies, fuel, docking zone, intelligence aid, etc..

As far as trying to level whether the United States is a country of peace or that Israel should exist, I don't think I'll be able to make an argument either way there. Right now even I question a lot of what I've thought myself to know up until recently, as in LPP - I can understand your perspective on this geographically as well as a lot of other peoples; I have no idea who's side I'll be on when I have a chance to reexamine things but at the same time I doubt that I'll buy the whole of anything either.