Page 3 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2009, 2:12 pm

I sure am. I have lived most of my life alone. Once I started middle school, I became extremely withdrawn and stayed by myself most of the time and all the way until today. I never hang out with anyone. The only thing I do is go to college, work, come back home and that's it. I have a hard time understanding who is my friend and who isn't. I know some people do like me; I just don't have it in me to ask to be friends because I really don't know if they want to so I don't do it to save myself the possible embarrassment. I honestly don't want to be a loner. I just am. I have some casual conversations once in a while with people but that's all.

Hovis
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2009, 10:50 am

Loner here.

Very occasionally I think it might be nice to have a friend to accompany me to places I want to visit, but for the most part, I'd rather be without friends. I find them very intrusive, very emotionally demanding. Once someone has decided that they're your friend, you can't get rid of them - they can't seem to comprehend the idea of wanting time to yourself and act all hurt when you don't want to see them and talk to them every five minutes.

I also don't like constantly having to censor my thoughts/interests/dress/behavior in order to make sure that my (so-called?) friends don't reject me. I don't want to have to hesitate before I do something, worrying what all my friends will think of me; to have to moderate my life to make myself acceptable to other people.

ttqs84
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jan 2009, 10:20 pm

i have a best friend who don't see very often :oops: . but for the most part, i am a loner.

deadeyexx
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2009, 1:36 pm

Yep, loner all my life. Plenty of aquaintances, but I let nobody close enough to be my friend.

gemstone123
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2009, 2:23 pm

I only have online friends. I'd like to eventually make some other friends but it's difficult for me. I like my own company though.

protest_the_hero
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2009, 10:32 pm

I suffer from major social disablility and I'ved thought that it's not worth trying before. I think life is way better if you have friends who you can talk to about personal things and hang out and stuff.
Then again if it seems hopeless why try if it'ss only bring more suffering? To each his own.