Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

natesmom
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2008, 6:07 pm

Another example of a regular pediatrician not listening to the experts in the field! That makes me angry. You know what makes me just as angry, that doctor. He certainly doesn't have a high view of women, does he?

ster
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2008, 6:43 pm

when son went for first psych eval, i was the one who took him to appointments- hubby was working.......the psych wrote in the eval that: " husband appears to be uninterested"...hubby still can't let that one go- who could blame him ?

Lucymac
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Dec 2008, 10:02 pm

I am new to this board but all I can say is the parents have the best "picture" of the child. We are with them their whole life 24/7. The professionals only have a snapshot at best and many times out of focus. Follow your gut and listen to your heart, and read/talk to everyone you can. I have learned that the more information the better, it doesn't mean you have to agree with it all but take it "under consideration" at best. Good luck. Lucy

leechbabe
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Dec 2008, 3:10 am

I would be just as upset with a doctor who ignored my husband and referred everything back to me.

My mantra is that the experts are the expert in their field but I am the expert in my child. Once we get that fact established between us then the experts and I get along well.

natesmom
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2009, 12:28 am

leechbabe wrote:
I
My mantra is that the experts are the expert in their field but I am the expert in my child.

That is usually the first thing I tell parents when we meet!! I strongly believe that.