Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2008, 11:02 am

ike wrote:
Cyberman wrote:
sinsboldly wrote:
I am an AS woman, and I saw the cartoon as the husband making an effort and the wife appreciating the effort by rewarding (with sex,) and if you don't get that, I don't think you have been married!

Interesting... I didn't know that a marriage was supposed to be like owning a pet, and "rewarding" it for good behavior. "There goes the stick, Aspie! Go get it, Aspie! Good Aspie! OK Aspie, now bring it back! GOOD BOY! Here, you get some nice Aspie treats!"

Yeah, that's more like the reason why the subtext bothered me.

I am not sure why everyone is taking this 'sex coupon' thing so seriously. It is for fun, sex can be playful and little games between two people can be very intimate and part of the act itself. In my several marriages I found making sex playful and loving really helped the quality of the marriage.

Merle

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2008, 11:46 am

I didn't think it was entirely ruined by the subtext, but it would have been funnier without it.

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2008, 11:47 am

Yocritier wrote:
I am interpreting that the wife is giving the husband subtle advice on how to not act like a jerk during the dinner, if they wish to have sex afterwards. Woman enjoy romantic atmospheres. Can any AS women concur?

I concur.

Letum
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Dec 2008, 1:43 pm

sinsboldly wrote:
I am not sure why everyone is taking this 'sex coupon' thing so seriously. It is for fun, sex can be playful and little games between two people can be very intimate and part of the act itself. In my several marriages I found making sex playful and loving really helped the quality of the marriage.

What ever else it is, it shouldn't be a barging tool, a coupon to exchange in order to manipulate the behavior of the other person however one see fit.

I don't like the idea of someone having sex for any reason at all, other than they wanted to. Especially not because they feel they owe someone 'sex coupons'.

Cyberman
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2008, 6:34 pm

Letum wrote:
sinsboldly wrote:

What ever else it is, it shouldn't be a barging tool, a coupon to exchange in order to manipulate the behavior of the other person however one see fit.

I don't like the idea of someone having sex for any reason at all, other than they wanted to. Especially not because they feel they owe someone 'sex coupons'.

Agreed. Making a game out of it is one thing, as long as both partners agree to play it... but in general, I'm against the idea of sex being used as a reward system for "good behavior." I'm also against the idea of it being someone's "duty" to have sex with their spouse, which is why I really dislike the term "putting out." In my opinion, sex should only happen because both participants WANT it to happen at that time, not because of some bargain or contract. I know that some people don't see it this way, but that's how I see it.

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2008, 8:46 pm

well in an ideal world yeah, but in the real world... people who fail to use sex to bargain are regarded as 'simple'.

Cyberman
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2008, 9:59 pm

"It's the simple things in life that you treasure." :sunny: