Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

EGMaria2004
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Oct 2004, 1:44 am

I always end up attracted to my friends.
Seriously I think there's something wrong with me, I don't know what to do. It gets the point where I can't stand the sight of them and I screw everything up.

I'm also bi, so I can't avoid the situation by only having same sex friends.

It's like the worst possible combination.
I'm f****d up in some way, i'm sure of it.

~EG

onewitheverything
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Oct 2004, 9:03 am

when i was in year 10 i was in love with a girl friend although i kept that hush hush, but i guess sense your bi theres no escaping it is there, too bad for you.

mysticaria
Raven
Raven

21 Oct 2004, 9:18 pm

I can understand that.
I think that is partly the reason why I have so few friends, because I don't really feel "safe" from either gender, because I can be intimidated by both guys and girls... and I would feel bad if I ever did get a crush on a girl who was supposed to be my friend, especially if they were straight.
Thats not something you can just casually bring up!
I only become close friends with people I am not attracted to at all. Thats how it seems to work.
Don't feel bad about it. It's not f****d up :) Its very normal!
Once you hang around someone, and they become familiar, its easier to have feelings for them.
Yeah, it can be pretty confusing though...
But are you sure that your female friends arent at all interested in you?
Maybe they are uncomfortable about their sexuality, and wont say.
But you say you screw things up... so maybe you meant that you told them? In my opinion, that is the best way, to be open about it, and take that chance! If they truly are your friends.... they'll accept you.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

Location: On a special base where the Christmas soldiers of the world live

21 Oct 2004, 9:56 pm

I'll find a group of lady friends to hang out with. At first, everything is cool. A month later I'll find out that I'm attracted to all of them. I just keep it to myself, because I've lost too many friends in my life time. I keep it from my family as well. I even find that I'm attracted to my Kid Sister. The only guy that I'm attracted to is Austin Powers and he's not even a real person. :oops:

Archmage
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2004, 4:38 pm

There are three girls at my school that are my friends. i am definitely attracted to them. They have just recently started talking to me more and waving at me from the halls. Hmm... i wonder if this is a sign of things to come? :?

Yours sincerely,
Archmage

we will make it through,
Here we are, like a star,
shining bright on the world,
Today... Make evil go away!

"Code Lyoko" Theme

EGMaria2004
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Oct 2004, 3:49 am

Right now it's a guy. With regards to my girl liking side I've found it depends on the girl. Most people know I'm bi so usually they'll end up asking if I fancy them. That way it's their fault for asking if they didn't wanna know. Girls who want to be bi but *aren't* are to be avoided at all costs.

With guys though.. I don't know. He sort of likes me, well claims to, but I don't buy it. He's really uncomfortable around people, hates being touched, won't let people hug him and stuff like that. At the moment he's saying it will stuff up the friendship. Sounds kinda a bit dumb to me really. In my experience worrying you're going to screw things up if you both like each other is how people screw things up. I never thought i'd end up liking him though. I thought I was safe.

~EG

blondie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Oct 2004, 1:30 pm

Me Too

QuirkyCarla
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2005, 7:31 am

Wow it seems really common for female aspies to be bi...I wonder why?

rhubarbpluscustard
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Dec 2005, 11:55 am

I'm another bi female aspie and I've been in love for ages with a straight female friend of mine. :( :cry: I can tell she doesn't know, thank God.

Relyt
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Dec 2005, 1:38 pm

i always wondered why people think of dating their friends as such a taboo. i always thought it was better to date friends than to date complete strangers that you just met for the first time.

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2005, 1:52 pm

Well friends are people we really like, but they're not necessarily people we will work with well in a relationship together. I feel your pain in being attracted to your friends. I am so desperate for love that i'd like to seek it from my friends. Question is, in your case, is this friend of yours someone you think you could work with? Because then, s**t yeah go for it. To love a friend is to experiance the true form of love. That is what humanitys been shootin for in the best case for all of time. So if that is the case, seize the day.

axelkat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2005, 5:03 pm

Heres my problem. I get along with females so much and theyre just better friends than guys and then my hypersensitivity kicks in. I misinterpret feelings and become too attached. I need to put an end to this or I might destroy some friendships.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2005, 9:11 pm

I have never been attracted to friends.

AspieGurl89_MI
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Dec 2005, 9:51 pm

EGMaria2004 wrote:
I always end up attracted to my friends.
Seriously I think there's something wrong with me, I don't know what to do. It gets the point where I can't stand the sight of them and I screw everything up.

I'm also bi, so I can't avoid the situation by only having same sex friends.

I am also bi and at this moment I am attracted to 1 of my female-friends. It sucks because you have to sit there listening to them talk about someone else that they're attracted to and all that crap. I hate it too. They get mad if you tell them after you have a crush on tem but then if you tell them right away they feel awkward or don't feel the same way. I so understand. Every person I've ever been intimate with and/or been attracted to has been a close friend. And I'm not friends with any of those people anymore. Its nice to finally know someone who truly understands.

Astarael
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2005, 6:52 am

I know how that feels. I tried telling a girl friend that I had feelings for her and I don't think she really caught on. It's really hard at the moment because she's just broken up with her boyfriend and she's unsure about staying with him or not and I get torn between different feelings. Hopefully the attraction will wear away because it's screwing me up right now :?

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2005, 3:05 pm

I am a girl and I am in love with one of my female friends right now.With a jealous ex-girlfriend(which is strange since SHE'S the one that cheated on me) that does not make matters easier...

-SpaceCase :(