Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

violentcloud
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2005, 12:40 am

I've always had problems motivating myself to do coursework, and commiting myself to it once started. Until now, I've just worked my way around this, but it's finally become too big a problem; I have a whole load of deadlines coming up for my Photography degree, and I'm worried that I've left it too late and won't be able to meet them. The more I worry, the less I work, because I'm avoiding it!! !

Can anyone give me some tips on how to worry less and how to better motivate myself to do my work?

I don't wanna be a dropout this early in the course!

ramsamsam
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Dec 2005, 8:27 am

I'm like that. I need to leave it too the last minute. Like my english work i did the night before and I got an A! I mean, hell at GCSE I could barely get C's.

julieme
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Dec 2005, 8:44 am

Hi,
Do you work best in your head or in actual media? think in word or pictures? Most of the time I procrastinate it is because I'm subjugating my natural style again.

Are you perhaps trying too hard to do assignments in an NT sorta way? Here is an example incase my use of learning style confuses you.

I work best in my head and think in pictures so that lets medesign while working out shopping etc. When the job is ready to come out - I execute / write/ make it. Trying to work in someone else's style (like words or writing) makes me feel horid and quite naturally procrastinate.

julie

violentcloud
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2005, 12:54 pm

Thanks for the advice. :D I've tried working my ideas out in my head rather than on paper, and I've suddenly been able to write a lot more. Maybe I stand a chance after all!