morality question: do sexual predators deserve to live?

Page 4 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4


do convicted serial sexual predators deserve to live or should they be euthanised?
yes 69%  69%  [ 20 ]
no 31%  31%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 29

Abangyarudo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2007
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 603

03 Jan 2009, 2:39 pm

BellaDonna wrote:
I disagree in the context that I have known people with chronic PTSD. They have had the right attitude and seeked intensive thearpy and it has done little to nothing to help them to get over their trauma and PTSD. They have been of the strongest willed people I've known. No matter how hard they try some traumas are so damaging that a person cannot ever get over them. It kills a person inside and they are never the same again. That is heart breaking but it is a fact.


sorry to hear about your friends. I think we'll just have to agree to dissagree on that. Furthermore I wish the best for your friends in their future endeavors.



BellaDonna
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Age: 35
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,858

03 Jan 2009, 2:54 pm

Thankyou Abangrudo. I donot entirely disagree with you. I think it is great you have over come your difficulties that have been severe. I just think that with some illnesses and disorders are so severe or chronic that this isn't possible. It is like cancer. Some people overcome it and with the best of treatment others don't.



FrogGirl
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 13 Oct 2008
Age: 45
Gender: Female
Posts: 403
Location: Lost wherever I am

03 Jan 2009, 4:53 pm

Dump them all on a deserted island out in the middle of no where, and let them go at eachother. (make sure that they are single sex occupant islands. We wouldn't want them creating more of them.)



Pillar
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

Joined: 21 Mar 2018
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 141

04 Jun 2018, 2:51 pm

OP, there's a serious problem with your question - what do the 'yes' and 'no' answer for?
Please change the pronunciation before more people get confused (like I almost did)



Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 31,286
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

04 Jun 2018, 3:26 pm

Pillar wrote:
OP, there's a serious problem with your question - what do the 'yes' and 'no' answer for?
Please change the pronunciation before more people get confused (like I almost did)


This is from 2009, like 10 years ago...



lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Jan 2010
Age: 46
Gender: Female
Posts: 9,695
Location: Lost on Earth, waddya think?

04 Jun 2018, 11:55 pm

Put them on the medications they make autistic people take for depression and anxiety. They can like, totally destroy a person's sexual desires. :roll:



nick007
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 May 2010
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,432
Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

05 Jun 2018, 12:36 pm

There's lots of reasons someone may be a repeat sexual predator. They could of been with more than one underage girl who lied about her age. They may of accidentally DLed child porn on a file-sharing program because it was mislabeled(that's happened to me before). Or they may of intentionally DLed child porn that they found for free on the web & have no intention of actually harming a child otherwise. The fact that they're a repeat offender means they didn't learn their lesson the 1st time or they didn't learn how to take better precautions but I don't think that should mean that those people deserve to die. I'm against the death penalty in all cases because I think there's better ways to deal with it. In the cases I mentioned the predators are relatively harmless & they could be deal with by counseling & maybe counseling & medication in the example of the people who intentionally sought out child porn. In more extreme cases where somebody is a repeat rapists or something, the person should be locked up for the rest of their lives or maybe castrated.


lostonearth35 wrote:
Put them on the medications they make autistic people take for depression and anxiety. They can like, totally destroy a person's sexual desires. :roll:
There's other meds that are more specially to lower sex drive. I take one of em to lower mine but that's more of a topic for the adult section.


_________________
"I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem!"

~King Of The Hill


Pillar
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

Joined: 21 Mar 2018
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 141

05 Jun 2018, 1:58 pm

nick007 wrote:
There's lots of reasons someone may be a repeat sexual predator. They could of been with more than one underage girl who lied about her age. They may of accidentally DLed child porn on a file-sharing program because it was mislabeled(that's happened to me before). Or they may of intentionally DLed child porn that they found for free on the web & have no intention of actually harming a child otherwise. The fact that they're a repeat offender means they didn't learn their lesson the 1st time or they didn't learn how to take better precautions but I don't think that should mean that those people deserve to die. I'm against the death penalty in all cases because I think there's better ways to deal with it. In the cases I mentioned the predators are relatively harmless & they could be deal with by counseling & maybe counseling & medication in the example of the people who intentionally sought out child porn. In more extreme cases where somebody is a repeat rapists or something, the person should be locked up for the rest of their lives or maybe castrated.


lostonearth35 wrote:
Put them on the medications they make autistic people take for depression and anxiety. They can like, totally destroy a person's sexual desires. :roll:
There's other meds that are more specially to lower sex drive. I take one of em to lower mine but that's more of a topic for the adult section.


Why would you take those kind of meds, anyway?



nick007
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 May 2010
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,432
Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

06 Jun 2018, 11:11 am

Pillar wrote:
nick007 wrote:
There's lots of reasons someone may be a repeat sexual predator. They could of been with more than one underage girl who lied about her age. They may of accidentally DLed child porn on a file-sharing program because it was mislabeled(that's happened to me before). Or they may of intentionally DLed child porn that they found for free on the web & have no intention of actually harming a child otherwise. The fact that they're a repeat offender means they didn't learn their lesson the 1st time or they didn't learn how to take better precautions but I don't think that should mean that those people deserve to die. I'm against the death penalty in all cases because I think there's better ways to deal with it. In the cases I mentioned the predators are relatively harmless & they could be deal with by counseling & maybe counseling & medication in the example of the people who intentionally sought out child porn. In more extreme cases where somebody is a repeat rapists or something, the person should be locked up for the rest of their lives or maybe castrated.


lostonearth35 wrote:
Put them on the medications they make autistic people take for depression and anxiety. They can like, totally destroy a person's sexual desires. :roll:
There's other meds that are more specially to lower sex drive. I take one of em to lower mine but that's more of a topic for the adult section.


Why would you take those kind of meds, anyway?
I had a HIGH sex drive & was addicted to masturbating. I also feel better mentally with a lower drive & I also take the med to reduce male-pattern baldness & my body & facial hair growth.


_________________
"I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem!"

~King Of The Hill