morality question: do sexual predators deserve to live?

Page 1 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

do convicted serial sexual predators deserve to live or should they be euthanised?
yes 69%  69%  [ 20 ]
no 31%  31%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 29

starvingartist
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2009, 1:55 am

does anyone think that repeat sexual offenders have the right to live? curious to see the response to this one....

Last edited by starvingartist on 01 Jan 2009, 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

sethzack
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2009, 1:56 am

I am pro life but screw those freaks!

I Want To Become Stronger...
... Than I Was Yesterday!! !! - The words in my avatar picture.

01 Jan 2009, 2:02 am

I heard on the local news they invented this shot for sex offenders. It's a depo shot to lower their sex drive so they won't have the sexual desires. That should be wonderful news to you all.

starvingartist
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2009, 2:04 am

Spokane_Girl wrote:
I heard on the local news they invented this shot for sex offenders. It's a depo shot to lower their sex drive so they won't have the sexual desires. That should be wonderful news to you all.

sadly, this measure does not keep some from re-offending. it only suppresses the physical sexual drive, not the sick psychological factors that cause them to do what they do. recidivism still occurs. more often than not, i would think.

BelindatheNobody
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2009, 2:06 am

This sort of question... I have no clue how to answer. I want to say that they should die (animals get put down for less...) but then, I have no clue if I am being logical/rational/moral, or being vindictive (seeing as I was molested when I was younger...)

Oh hell, I'm just not good with morality questions period.

Flavors of: Nobody. Slytherin. Autistic.

Forsaken
Raven
Raven

01 Jan 2009, 2:06 am

Only if their female :twisted:

starvingartist
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2009, 2:08 am

Forsaken wrote:
:thumright: good one :) :wink:

starvingartist
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2009, 2:09 am

starvingartist wrote:
Forsaken wrote:

just in case anyone missed the sarcasm in my response...it's sarcastic :lol:

Forsaken
Raven
Raven

01 Jan 2009, 2:18 am

starvingartist wrote:
starvingartist wrote:
Forsaken wrote:

just in case anyone missed the sarcasm in my response...it's sarcastic :lol:

Oh come on girl, what if they do not want your sex just your wet panties so they can sniff and suck on them?

sethzack
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2009, 2:23 am

I don't know how to answer this poll seeing as it isn't worded correctly...

I Want To Become Stronger...
... Than I Was Yesterday!! !! - The words in my avatar picture.

Last edited by sethzack on 03 Jan 2009, 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2009, 7:57 am

The poll question is flawed.

"do convicted serial sexual predators deserve to live or should they be euthanised?"

is not a yes or no question. Yes could be "yes, convicted serial sexual predators deserve to live" or it could be "yes theys should be euthanised"

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2009, 8:36 am

I think that the bad ones should be "isolated from mankind and his environment" for the duration of their lives. I say lock them in a cell with no means of killing themselves and leave them to consider their crimes.

The lesser ones might or might not be safe to release at the end of fixed terms of jail time.

I know it is tempting to kill off the worst cases, when captal punishment is used it is a step onto a very slippery slope which could lead into the abyss. But I am not 100 % either pro or anti death sentance.

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2009, 8:42 am

Atomsk wrote:
The poll question is flawed.

"do convicted serial sexual predators deserve to live or should they be euthanised?"

is not a yes or no question. Yes could be "yes, convicted serial sexual predators deserve to live" or it could be "yes theys should be euthanised"

yeah I kind of thought this too so I didn't vote.

but I'm anti death penalty no matter what the crime is.

I think if a sexual predator is killed in revenge by someone who'd been hurt by them, the person who kills them should be able to just walk or get a minimum time though.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2009, 9:10 am

sexual offenders are usually perverted.
a perversion is a misappropriation of a natural drive.
so people who like to have sex with donkeys are perverted and people who like to have sex with children are also perverted.

the perversion lies in the fact that their desires are misplaced, and are not biologically logical.

even masturbation is a "perversion" because the result is not conducive to reproduction.

but people will act very forcibly to satisfy their sexual urges, even if those urges are "perverted".

i attach no emotional connotation to that word. i just know that sexual drives that are aimed at inappropriate targets are not what we want to happen freely in society.

so how to deal with it?

i would propose not just a chemical castration, but a physical one for people that are driven to criminal acts in order to get sexual gratification.

i think that people who have sex with children, or rape any people, should be ridded of their sexual desires by castration if they wish to remain in our society.

if they want to be given another chance, then they should sacrifice the gonads that drove them to the inappropriate and unsavoury acts they enacted because of them.

a sexless person will never commit a sexual crime.
castrated sexual predators may devote what little wit they have instead to productive development... if they have their "all reigning and authoritative" testicles cut off.

i would say that they should be castrated if they wish to stay in society, or they may remain with their sexual drive and wank away in prison for their lives.

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2009, 9:54 am

If you're a 40 year old man molesting a 3 year old boy, you've got some heavy-duty problems upstairs most likely stemming from some child abuse so it's partly not the offender's fault. His actions are his own fault, sure but the inherent behavior or the desire to offend - the seed which was planted wouldn't have been there had he not endured the trauma himself. That is why I'm all for rehabilitation.

Touch my daughter and I will f*** you up one side and down the other.

Baited poll answers by the way.

Abangyarudo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2009, 10:08 am

no I believe in castration for those type of individuals that lessens the sexual urge. Furthermore they should be kept locked up if its serial offenses.