Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

i_wanna_blue
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2009, 4:26 pm

anna-banana wrote:
so far only proved to me that being single is much easier that being forced to change

Maybe thats why I am so reluctant to try, maybe deep down I know that the only person who I am compatible with is me. Sometimes this upsets me though. Especially when you see on tele how glamorous having a relationship is, I feel like I am missing out on smething good.

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2009, 4:30 pm

I've met plenty of people who I think I'm compatible with, but I'm sure they'd beg to differ. Maybe if I do have experience in a relationship and break up, I'll come out saying "I've had enough of that for now" but I can't imagine that at all.

Interestingly, studies show that women are mostly happier single and men are mostly happier married.

HereComeTheLizards
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Jan 2009, 4:34 pm

Hector wrote:
I've met plenty of people who I think I'm compatible with, but I'm sure they'd beg to differ.

I've never found anyone who would be compatible with me, or vice versa. I'm presently looking for an AS woman, as I presume one would understand me better. But the odds on that are against me, I'm afraid.

i_wanna_blue
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2009, 4:43 pm

HereComeTheLizards wrote:
Hector wrote:
I've met plenty of people who I think I'm compatible with, but I'm sure they'd beg to differ.

I've never found anyone who would be compatible with me, or vice versa. I'm presently looking for an AS woman, as I presume one would understand me better. But the odds on that are against me, I'm afraid.

I'm certainly of the assumption that there is no one with whom I am compatible with. Has experience made you feel this way?

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2009, 5:01 pm

go figure. There goes another old saying...

A marriage is every woman's end and every man's finish...;)

I tend to think I should be single sometimes myself.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2009, 5:11 pm

I think total compatibility between partners is possible but there's just too many people you'd have to test for it on the way there, it just makes it unachievable given an average life span.

i_wanna_blue
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2009, 4:27 am

anna-banana wrote:
I think total compatibility between partners is possible but there's just too many people you'd have to test for it on the way there, it just makes it unachievable given an average life span.

So you reckon it's kinda trial and error. I guess in my naivety I always hoped it would just click between me and the first girl that steals my heart.

PhillipJFry
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Jan 2009, 4:05 am

i_wanna_blue wrote:
The feeling that I somehow don't fit in with the rest of the world has always been constant. Dating and having a realtionship is just another one of those things which I feel "is for others, for me maybe not". Low self esteem I suppose being the main cause of this feeling.

I just look at others my age (and some even younger) who have gf's and I wonder 'how does one do that?' I've just given up now as I don't know what else to do. I've been so useless in trying to be and do what everyone else does, that I don't want to even consider trying to woo a girl. My pessimism tells me 'Why bother? You know whats going to happen'.

I know at least of one guy who'se the same as me. When I heard about his behaviour I stopped feeling so bad about my situation. Can anyone relate or offer some advice?

Yes, I can relate!

I've been trying for years to attract a girl. But it's just been a downhill road to disappointment over the years. Now I'm at the end of my rope. I have all but given up. To me it seems that if you couldn't attract a girl in high school then chances are you won't have any success as you get older. I've lost my heart and my soul. I feel nothing but darkness. I care for nothing and no one. I don't trust anyone or anything. There's only one guy I know who is more desperate than me, and that's my best friend. He is more desperate because he can't drive a car or get a job. :(

"I am hunger, I am thirst. I can fast for a hundred years and not die. I can lie a hundred nights on the ice and not freeze. I can drink a river of blood and not burst. Show me your enemies." - The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian :twisted:

Optician_Of_Urza
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Jan 2009, 5:52 am

I've never got the feeling that a girl likes me. I was once told after a converation when I was 15 that one of the girls was flirting with me but I had no idea. She later went on to mess with my (fragile) mind so my experience in this area is minimal and bad.

And whenever people talk about being friends with girls first; that's all well and good in theory but what happens a lot (and I know there are some guys out there who can back me up on this) is that this results in a one way ticket to the Friend Zone.

So there's the two main approaches. The direct and the indirect (friends first). I have no idea how to go the direct route (especially as it means that I know little about someone and therefore have no idea about whether I really like them or not) and the indirect leads to aforementioned Friend Zone.

It's frustrating.