'Gaza vs Israel' An interesting article I found.

Page 4 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2010, 3:14 pm

xenon13 wrote:
I said that the suicide bombings succeeded in moderating the Israelis. Peace and quiet seems to radicalise them. That shows that when they say "Arabs only know the language of force", that they really mean that it is they who only know the language of force. Palestinians who try non-violence are brutalised and killed by Israel and the Western media blacks out reports of such events. So it's useless. They've overwhelmingly gone with non-violence, from the philosophy of Samud to more activist types of non-violence that overwhelmingly marked the first intefada. The only things that make the West more sympathetic are the use of puny weapons to get a disproportionate Israeli response but that's essentially suicide and even then, the Israelis are very good at spinning puny weapons as mortal dangers to Jewry. Take those rockets from Gaza, they're toys, they're not much more than those things kids play with in parks, and it's a deadly missile salvo they say and the Western media buys it hook, line and sinker. Good grief.

Excuse me! Those are not toy rockets if they are used to kill innocent civilians. Absolutely nothing justifies deliberately targeting and killing innocent civilians and frankly I don't care if its a retaliation or not. If those are only "toy" rockets then why do they use them. Plus just to point out, the support for peace in Israel was high while support for blowing up the Haram has always been in the minority. I also find it extremely hippocritical that you think blowing up the Haram is wrong while in the meantime suicide bombings in Israel are perfectly fine. Another thing, there were terrorist attacks against Israeli targets, by the PFLP for example, since at least 1968:

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Terrorism/incidents.html.

Your above paragraph is the most crap I've read so far regarding the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2010, 4:08 pm

The rockets are a joke. They serve as nothing more than an irritant. It's not unlike when the children threw stones at heavily-armed soldiers who shot them with live ammunition and then boast that this was righteousness, as "nits make lice", a favourite expression of Israeli extremists and their supporters.

The Israelis have said from the beginning that the enemy is a civilian population living in cities and towns. They have targeted civilians from day one and this is no secret. They use human shields in what they call the "neighbour policy". After pulling the settlers out of Gaza they launched a sonic boom terror campaign. Now you expect the Palestinians to do nothing but "live like dogs or leave" as Dayan put it. Some Palestinians got the idea that only violence moderates the Israelis and unfortunately this has been proven to be true. Perhaps had the Israelis not used Oslo to double the settler population this inescapable conclusion that violence against Israelis is required would not be so.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2010, 3:17 pm

xenon13 wrote:
The rockets are a joke. They serve as nothing more than an irritant. It's not unlike when the children threw stones at heavily-armed soldiers who shot them with live ammunition and then boast that this was righteousness, as "nits make lice", a favourite expression of Israeli extremists and their supporters.

The Israelis have said from the beginning that the enemy is a civilian population living in cities and towns. They have targeted civilians from day one and this is no secret. They use human shields in what they call the "neighbour policy". After pulling the settlers out of Gaza they launched a sonic boom terror campaign. Now you expect the Palestinians to do nothing but "live like dogs or leave" as Dayan put it. Some Palestinians got the idea that only violence moderates the Israelis and unfortunately this has been proven to be true. Perhaps had the Israelis not used Oslo to double the settler population this inescapable conclusion that violence against Israelis is required would not be so.

Violence against the Israelis, including innocent civilians? I'm not saying that Israel isn't guilty in some things, however that still doesn't justify Hamas killing innocent Israelis even if Israel is. Furthermore, provide proof that Israel is solely responsible or GTFO. You seem to have no problem with innocent Israeli civilians being killed deliberately even though you complain about innocents being killed on the other side. If you don't see the problem with this then there is no point in continuing this discussion.

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2010, 5:07 pm

Suicide bombings were the only things moderating the Israelis, just as the scare of the 1973 war also was a moderating factor that got them out of Sinai. That is a fact. Suicide bombings began after 45 years of Israeli atrocities and policies that Moshe Dayan himself likened to rape. It's a shame that Israelis couldn't see sense when there weren't any bombings but they couldn't. Now they see even less sense. When the Palestinians start increasingly demanding a One State Solution the usual suspects will broadcast for all to hear that the Palestinians want to drive every last Jew into the sea to drown and this will be accepted as gospel truth in the western media.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2010, 3:19 pm

xenon13 wrote:
Suicide bombings were the only things moderating the Israelis, just as the scare of the 1973 war also was a moderating factor that got them out of Sinai. That is a fact. Suicide bombings began after 45 years of Israeli atrocities and policies that Moshe Dayan himself likened to rape. It's a shame that Israelis couldn't see sense when there weren't any bombings but they couldn't. Now they see even less sense. When the Palestinians start increasingly demanding a One State Solution the usual suspects will broadcast for all to hear that the Palestinians want to drive every last Jew into the sea to drown and this will be accepted as gospel truth in the western media.

Tell me something, was the car 1968 car bomb attack in the Mahaneh Yehuda market place, which killed 12 Israelis and wounded 52 others, also "after 45 years" of Israeli atrocities? How about the Munich massacre in 1972, when members of the Israeli Olympic team were kidnapped and murdered by Palestinian terrorists? These are both examples of violence by Palestinians long before the first suicide bombings by Hamas. I suggest you get your history straight.

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2010, 9:54 pm

They didn't have to launch a commando raid in Munich in 1972... idiots!

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 5:13 am

xenon13 wrote:

People lie dead or bleeding from these "irritants". And sling thrown stones are deadly weapons. Ask David and Golyat about that. The way to deal with a Palestinian lad hurling lethal rocks with a sling is to shoot him dead on the spot. Over here we call that self defense.

ruveyn

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 5:48 am

You throw a stone at me (even if you are only ten years old) then I shoot you dead.
Then I kill your whole family and bulldoze your house.

I can do this because the Talmud tells me that the life of one Jew is worth more than an infinite number of Goyem.

By the way, how many people here know that "Goyem" means cattle or animals?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 6:58 am

Wombat wrote:
You throw a stone at me (even if you are only ten years old) then I shoot you dead.
Then I kill your whole family and bulldoze your house.

I can do this because the Talmud tells me that the life of one Jew is worth more than an infinite number of Goyem.

By the way, how many people here know that "Goyem" means cattle or animals?

Goy (pl goyim) is Hebrew for nation, you lying mamser.

ruveyn

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 10:08 am

xenon13 wrote:
They didn't have to launch a commando raid in Munich in 1972... idiots!
This statement is typical for you. Yassar Arafat sends kidnappers to Munich to kidnap the Israeli Olympic team. They kidnappers murder two Israelis immediately and take 9 others hostage. You state the German police are idiots for trying to stop the Palestinians from killing the other 9. You are a sick person to think the police should not try to stop cold blooded murderers.

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 8:29 pm

They wanted an exchange of hostages. It was a stupid idea to go with the raid. The same thing happened at Ma'alot. Everyone knows that we in the West, as well as the Israeli state, are supposed to go charging to the rescue of Israelis no matter what happens, and if they are all killed, well, another bloody shirt to wave.

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 8:33 pm

Israeli atrocities are the only thing that causes any kind of negative publicity which is why I mentioned the irritants, as they provoke over-reactions. Non-violent protests are never covered, and any significantly violent acts like a bombing is described as just a continuation of Hitler's Final Solution. So what else is there to do?

There's this report out saying that Palestinians living in Area C (total Israeli control) in the West Bank are in far worse shape than the Gaza inhabitants. Greater rates of malnutrition, more people barely existing in tents. Israel has total responsibility for these people and look what they're doing.