Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

10 Jan 2009, 3:53 am

:?: So how did it go?

How many people went?

Is there going to be a regular meet-up time? ( hopefully not too late at night for WP'ers in Europe :? ).

kittenmeow
Toucan
Toucan

10 Jan 2009, 4:16 am

It went well. Had 4 wrong planet members show up and 5 new arrivals. 3 of the new arrivals stuck around so showed them around and told them what Wrong Planet was about and they were nice and mentioned that someone in their family has aspergers or knew of someone with autism.

We just danced, listened to music and played trivia. Handed out lindens for right answers.

There will be events scheduled just to hangout that will be friendly for user time zones.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2009, 5:19 am

Damn, I could have made it there! :x

Kara_h
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Jan 2009, 9:48 am

Sorry I was unable to make it, taking a look now.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

10 Jan 2009, 8:13 pm

I browsed the secondlife site a bit without joining---just to get a feel for what is there. Is this like The Sims?

I tried The Sims once, and found myself overwhelmed with all the needs the sims characters had---and all the stuff going on around the environment. Maybe it was over stimulating---like too many lights and loud noises in real life to me. I got frustrated and quit---but yet the idea of it still fascinates me. If this is like The Sims---is it demanding like it (for example, have to use bathroom, have to eat, have to do this, have to do that)?

I would like to hear from some of my fellow Aspies that have done the secondlife site and how you like it.

Thanks.

Kara_h
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Jan 2009, 9:05 pm

SL makes The Sims look like a rough draft. You can do whatever you want in Second Life. If you want to build you can be as obsessive about it as you want too.

SL is more an environment than a game, so no need for bathrooms and food and such. There are nowhere near as many sounds and flashing lights as a game .... and the ones that are there you can usually shut off.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2009, 9:31 am

Ok, have added the WP hangout to my picks.

I might even challenge myself to make some WP t-shirts for people to grab for free. :D

kittenmeow
Toucan
Toucan

11 Jan 2009, 6:35 pm

Rules have changed. Due to some unsavory characters Wrong Planet is now invite only meaning only those who have the permission to invite can.

It's not about quantity, it's about quality. Sabotoging games, unsavory people who aren't really here for the community but to play mind games aren't tolerated. This place is for people who want to have a good time and hang out.

If you want an invite to the group in second life, you may:

Send me PM on wrong planet.net with your second life name.

Send me IM in second life or another manager.

Send notecard with request in second life

There are people who use alternate second life accounts to stir up conflict to avoid penalties. The system is flawed in this respect but doesn't mean it won't be dealt with.

Social injustices will be taken care of here not just tossed out to keep up with the numbers and ego inflation.

If you have alts for good purposes, no problem with that. It's not abusing the alternate account system.

Thanks.

Kara_h
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Jan 2009, 8:02 pm

blue_bean wrote:
I might even challenge myself to make some WP t-shirts for people to grab for free. :D

You might want to download the torso mesh patterns if you do not already have them.

Last edited by Kara_h on 11 Jan 2009, 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tahitiii
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2009, 8:26 pm

I think I'll try it. Not too sure about this...

ShyGorilla
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Jan 2009, 9:57 pm

so I took the plunge and downloaded SL. of course my computer won't run it. something about not having current drivers. :sigh: my computer hates me. will try again later. looks like fun. :)