Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

blaine209
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Jan 2009, 8:11 am

We may not ever know the answer to this question. What launched life and sustains life may always be a mystery. Or maybe perhaps 500 years or so from now we will know and the world will be a much better place.

Khan_Sama
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2009, 8:21 am

The Tao that can be trodden is not the enduring and
unchanging Tao. The name that can be named is not the enduring and
unchanging name.

Having no name, it is the Originator of heaven
and earth; Having a name, it is the Mother of all
things.

Always without desire we must be found,
If its deep mystery we would sound;
But if desire always within us be,
Its outer fringe is all that we shall see.

Under these two aspects, it is really the same; but as development
takes place, it receives the different names. Together we call them
the Mystery. Where the Mystery is the deepest is the gate of all that
is subtle and wonderful.

- Tao Te Ching, Chapter 1

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2009, 8:57 am

If no major disaster strikes scientists will be well on their way, not only to understand most of the major life processes but to create new forms of life. Already scientists have created a new form of DNA and that's just the beginning.

See http://www.biomath.nyu.edu/~yanglj/pre-research.html

Psimulus
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Jan 2009, 9:01 am

You are god, I am god, We are god, the Universe is god. The Universe is infinite, without absolute origin, only relative reference, and never ending. We are a system within an infinitude of systems. Just as we construct systems of logic such as computational devices, we must also reside within a logical construct, considering that our code logic could not be executed within a non native system unless built upon an interface that is reliant upon variable logic as well. "Order from chaos" seems relavent. This statement has been interpreted by some to mean that in any chaotic system, traces of order can be found, the "ghost in the machine". All communication in the Universe is based upon ratiometric proportion. This is to say that data is relayed by smaller than/greater than or equal to like statements, logical coherence, interactivity of states. Our thoughts are based upon logic and this is why we have evolved code that is complimentary, it is natural. I am certain there is so much more to it than this, such as superpositioning, polyfurcation, the relation between a.i., the Universe, life, and deity as well as transcendent and descendent states.etc. These are some beliefs.

Last edited by Psimulus on 07 Jan 2009, 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2009, 9:17 am

Psimulus wrote:
You are god, I am God, we are god, the Universe is god. The Universe is infinite, without absolute origin, only relative reference, and never ending. We are a system within an infinitude of systems. Just as we construct systems of logic such as computational devices, we must also reside within a logical construct, considering that our code logic could not be executed within a non native system unless built upon an interface that is reliant upon variable logic as well. "Order from chaos" seems relavent. This statement has been interpreted by some to mean that in any chaotic system, traces of order can be found, the "ghost in the machine". All communication in the Universe is based upon ratiometric proportion. This is to say that data is relayed by smaller than/greater than or equal to like statements, logical coherence, interactivity of states. Our thoughts are based upon logic and this is why we have evolved code that is complimentary, it is natural. I am certain there is so much more to it than this, such as superpositioning, polyfurcation, the relation between a.i., the Universe, life, and deity as well as transcendent and descendent states.etc. These are some beliefs.

Frankly I don't have the slightest idea what you are talking about and I have doubts about you. I sure as hell am not a god of any kind.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2009, 9:24 am

Nor am I.

But that's not to say I am separate from God. If God created the universe and I am part of the universe, how can I be separate from my Creator? Being created in His image can mean many different things, but it definitely implies some kind of connection.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2009, 10:13 am

slowmutant wrote:
Nor am I.

But that's not to say I am separate from God. If God created the universe and I am part of the universe, how can I be separate from my Creator? Being created in His image can mean many different things, but it definitely implies some kind of connection.

I have no problems in getting around once I was separated from my creator and they cut the umbilical cord.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2009, 10:47 am

Psimulus wrote:
You are god, I am God, we are god, the Universe is god. The Universe is infinite, without absolute origin, only relative reference, and never ending. descendent states.etc.

Why are you Capitalized and I am lower case?

ruveyn

Keith
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2009, 12:00 pm

Has anyone ever bothered to think about what Heaven may actually be like? Or even Hell?

From my findings, heaven would be hell, with other people, being perfect. Heaven sounds like the same as having a dream. Hell, you would just get used to it.

Therefore in my own opinion, Heaven and Hell are here...

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2009, 12:05 pm

^^I agree

non-existing would be Heaven. existing will always be Hell.

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2009, 12:42 am

^I believe even this will change^

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2009, 9:47 am

slowmutant wrote:
Nor am I.

The Kosmos was not created. The Kosmos happened.

ruveyn

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2009, 10:34 am

anna-banana wrote:
^^I agree

non-existing would be Heaven. existing will always be Hell.

The main difficulty with non-existing is you never get to appreciate it. I spent the bulk of the billions of years of the universe in a non-existent condition and I must confess I am much happier now although, unfortunately, this won't last long.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2009, 10:41 am

Where the fudge is He already? :|

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2009, 6:30 pm

how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop?

v0lume
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Jan 2009, 6:36 pm

It's not hard to figure out. First off, the elements used for making life are some of the most abundant kinds in the universe. We, for example are carbon based life forms. Life starts in its most primitive form as single celled organisms, which reproduce by asexual means. Reproducing single celled organisms is even possible to do in a lab. When they split and split, they can even come together to form more complex organisms. So you see where I'm going with this right? It's quite fascinating.