Page 4 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2009, 10:50 am

parts wrote:
It wasn't just the masses it was the CCD, nasty two faced mean spirited priest and nuns who did any to crush individualism and force conformity, the ridiculous rules and rituals and much much more

Ah, CCD. Yes. Where they tell you the question and tell you the answer, and you are expected to recite the answer back precisely as you are told to do, not deviating one syllable from what is written. You aren't expected to understand any of what's being foisted on you - in fact, I often suspected they frowned on that when I was foolish enough to ask questions - but you are expected to memorize and recite like a trained monkey. I can remember getting in trouble, once, for leaving the word "an" (or was it "and"?) out of a line....

And my parents never understood why I loathed going there, during the years I was not in a Catholic School for my education. :roll:

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2009, 10:52 am

Speaking of the Spanish Inquisition, you should have seen the result the day I heard about that term and took it to school and asked the nun during religion class in front of everyone.

Sent to the office was the least of the fallout. 8O :roll:

graemephillips
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Jan 2009, 10:57 am

Nan wrote:
Speaking of the Spanish Inquisition, you should have seen the result the day I heard about that term and took it to school and asked the nun during religion class in front of everyone.

Sent to the office was the least of the fallout. 8O :roll:

Ah, Catholics. It's a shame they are the world's most numerous denomination of Christianity, given how little the way the church is run has to do with the scriptures.