Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

FieryGatoh
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2009, 4:00 am

I figured that perhaps a topic on people's success stories where bullying is concerns might be benefical to anyone who is being bullied. Who knows, you might manage to pick up a few tips.

I have been verbally bullied for most of my school life, based on the fact that I am different from everyone else and make little effort to fit in. Of course, people will always pick on the strange, shy female who stands alone. My most recent occasion of bulling happened in September, when a group of 'populars' decided to have a go at me. My response: Lash out and deal as much damage as I could. Not the best way to go about things, but it did work ^_^;;

So what are your stories? How did you manage to stop people from bullying you?

Huskywolf
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Jan 2009, 4:22 am

I was bullied a lot, and I used to just try to ignore them-but that never worked, because I guess I was too different from them and they didn't like that. I guess I didn't really do much about it for a long while (and when I did try, I wasn't successful) until one year I just kept standing up to some bullies and they left me alone. Unfortunately that didn't happen until I was in junior high school because before then I was always outnumbered something like 14 to 1... :x I'm not really sure how to stop bullying-it seemed for me that sometimes standing up to them worked, other times it doesn't, like when I'm way outnumbered. However, I always try to stand up to them now-it's not usually a problem anymore.

spockezri
Toucan
Toucan

07 Jan 2009, 8:16 am

FieryGatoh wrote:
I figured that perhaps a topic on people's success stories where bullying is concerns might be benefical to anyone who is being bullied. Who knows, you might manage to pick up a few tips.

I have been verbally bullied for most of my school life, based on the fact that I am different from everyone else and make little effort to fit in. Of course, people will always pick on the strange, shy female who stands alone. My most recent occasion of bulling happened in September, when a group of 'populars' decided to have a go at me. My response: Lash out and deal as much damage as I could. Not the best way to go about things, but it did work ^_^;;

People are always so mean to me, but after many long years, I don't care any more.
But they did leave me with a nice inferiority complex, paranoia and delusions! So I blame my crappy mental health on them...

You and I must fight for our rights,
You and I must fight to survive.

parakoopa

08 Feb 2009, 4:03 pm

spockezri wrote:
FieryGatoh wrote:

People are always so mean to me, but after many long years, I don't care any more.
But they did leave me with a nice inferiority complex, paranoia and delusions! So I blame my crappy mental health on them...

same for me...
i just try to stay away from them as much as possible :(

RandomKid
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2009, 4:16 pm

I got tired of ti and beat a kid up. Got suspended and now I am homeschooling for the year. Bet no one messes with me.

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2009, 8:59 pm

laid down with my arms over my head and took it.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 10:54 am

when I was in third grade I was teased so unmercifully by Denise Soderburg I ran after her and only caught her twin sister, Debbie. I tackled her and we both went tumbling to the ground where I too out a good sized chunk of her calf by biting down as hard as I could. There was blood everywhere! I got roundly beaten (by my parents, while her parents looked on in satisfaction) and I had to wear a sign around the neighborhood and too school stating "I BITE" for a year. I have to say, people learned to just leave me alone and after that I never even thought about being part of the school or neighborhood kids. When the cardboard sign got all bent and soiled from daily usage, my mom helped me to sprinkle glue and glitter over it to make it 'nicer for those who had to read it.'

I don't recommend this method.

Merle

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 11:00 am

I waited for the opportunity to cause them public embarrassment. Sometimes I had to wait years, but eventually and opportunity always arises.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

DeLoreanDude
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 12:21 pm

I told the teacher.

HD3H
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 1:18 pm

I kept the company of the people who were either know to be violent or was very liked by the larger amount of the bullying people. that kept the bullies away

Relicanth7
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2009, 5:08 pm

HD3H wrote:
I kept the company of the people who were either know to be violent or was very liked by the larger amount of the bullying people. that kept the bullies away

Same i use the scocial groups im in as deffence... :twisted:

person3
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Feb 2009, 10:09 pm

I started doing martial arts, and got a black belt. I still had to beat a couple bullys up before they caught on, though.

d057
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2009, 5:55 pm

i get a lot of respect from the teachers at my school, but i get no respect from the other students in my school. I started weightlifting a little over a year ago, and now i can bench a little over 150. Ever since thenm, people have learned to leave me alone.

nodice1996
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

15 Feb 2009, 8:10 pm

Sit back, relax, and pretend it doesn't bother me.

d057
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2009, 8:41 pm

nodice1996 wrote:
Sit back, relax, and pretend it doesn't bother me.

I used to get upset about bullying, now i've learned that i dont have to care what people say to me.

LolaGranola
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Feb 2009, 5:27 pm

I couldn't, really.
I'm terrible with comebacks. I'm witty on paper, but not spontaneously. And I was rigid with rules and afraid of getting in trouble, so I never physically defended myself.
But in middle school, I did snap a few times. I spat at someone who taunted me on my walk home. And knocked the books off the desk of another jerk at school. His papers went flying.
They told everyone I was crazy, but I didn't hurt anyone. So I didn't get in much trouble.

Nothing really stopped it though. Eventually, I had to leave the public school system.