Page 1 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2009, 10:06 am

Okay, this is the official "Hate On Religion" thread, where you can share ghastly tales, such as the one about Little Red Riding Atheist and the Big Bad Jesus, who sought to deceive her by posing as her caring, pluralistic grandmother. (Yes, I steer this thread mostly toward you Brits, by the spelling in my title. You're welcome.)

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2009, 3:44 pm

I Hate Religion!

Haliphron
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2009, 3:54 pm

The reason why Im not religious is because I cant muster myself to have blind faith in anything. I have to EXPERIENCE something with my sense in order to believe......

DeanFoley
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jan 2009, 4:03 pm

Ragtime, I'm not sure how your title is veered towards Brits, but could you at least try to pretend you aren't hopelessly prejudiced against us?

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2009, 4:33 pm

DeanFoley wrote:
Ragtime, I'm not sure how your title is veered towards Brits, but could you at least try to pretend you aren't hopelessly prejudiced against us?

well, probably he might think, as some american fundies probably do, that in Britain Christianity is dying out or something like that, not like the good ol' USA ;)

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2009, 4:34 pm

DeanFoley wrote:

organised var. organized

meh :P

DeanFoley
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jan 2009, 4:46 pm

greenblue wrote:
DeanFoley wrote:

well, probably he might think, as some american fundies probably do, that in Britain Christianity is dying out or something like that, not like the good ol' USA ;)

I remember a previous post of his about how we should butt out of America and go back to muching crumpets and sipping tea. Ironic for a guy who seems so vehemently against stereotypes to Americans.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2009, 4:51 pm

DeanFoley wrote:

I'm not prejudiced against you. Just today, I wrote in another thread that you are an intellectual people who can look beyond the unintended innuendos of some of your racier-named places:
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt87521.html

Plus, I'm about 35% British genetically, and I'm glad for that.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2009, 4:54 pm

DeanFoley wrote:
greenblue wrote:
DeanFoley wrote:

I remember a previous post of his about how we should butt out of America and go back to muching crumpets and sipping tea. Ironic for a guy who seems so vehemently against stereotypes to Americans.

I was probably angry when I wrote that. :idea:

It doesn't mean I hate thou, or thine.

Phagocyte
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2009, 8:48 pm

DeanFoley wrote:
greenblue wrote:
DeanFoley wrote:

Hey, come on. You guys have crumpets and tea, we Americans have Big Macs and fries (and the additional assumption of obesity). Be lucky that you have the classier stereotype. :wink:

Tantybi
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2009, 4:41 pm

DeanFoley wrote:
greenblue wrote:
DeanFoley wrote:

He's from Texas. Do you know how many negative stereotypes he probably gets for that?

spockezri
Toucan
Toucan

07 Jan 2009, 7:59 am

DeanFoley wrote:

Us? By us you mean...
And I believe that no matter what country you live in, you can choose to not be religious (ie told to believe in and worship someone - I mean, they might as well be telling me to worship L from Death Note...) and use English not the freakish twisted language known as "American English." I'm *from* America, and I tell everyone it's called English for a reason and not to yell at me for saying "centre" "colour" and "realise"

You and I must fight for our rights,
You and I must fight to survive.

spockezri
Toucan
Toucan

07 Jan 2009, 8:01 am

Tantybi wrote:
DeanFoley wrote:
greenblue wrote:
DeanFoley wrote:

He's from Texas. Do you know how many negative stereotypes he probably gets for that?

LOLz, like my social studies teacher with a Texas accent, everyone in my Democratic (not as in democracy as all schools are fascist no matter how many times you vote upon meaningless things and powerless Student Council reps) school thinks he's a Republican or that he's stupid. Though my class thinks neither is true...

Tantybi
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2009, 3:02 pm

spockezri wrote:
Tantybi wrote:
DeanFoley wrote:
greenblue wrote:
DeanFoley wrote:

LOLz, like my social studies teacher with a Texas accent, everyone in my Democratic (not as in democracy as all schools are fascist no matter how many times you vote upon meaningless things and powerless Student Council reps) school thinks he's a Republican or that he's stupid. Though my class thinks neither is true...

That isn't as bad as mine. I'm from West Virginia. I get the worst one. When people give me weird looks for Aspie type things I do, I just say, Oh I'm from West Virginia...inbreeding. No, I'm from the state where everyone is inbred and we don't have electricity and we all have shotguns (shotguns isn't so bad). I'll also hear some off the wall ones like the sheep in this state are scared or we are lousy sports fans (which we aren't lousy, but I don't recommend coming to WVU college football games if you intend on voting for the other team...kinda like not going to any Colorado University game in Boulder if Colorado plays bad).

spockezri
Toucan
Toucan

07 Jan 2009, 3:55 pm

Tantybi wrote:
spockezri wrote:
Tantybi wrote:
DeanFoley wrote:
greenblue wrote:
DeanFoley wrote:

That isn't as bad as mine. I'm from West Virginia. I get the worst one. When people give me weird looks for Aspie type things I do, I just say, Oh I'm from West Virginia...inbreeding. No, I'm from the state where everyone is inbred and we don't have electricity and we all have shotguns (shotguns isn't so bad). I'll also hear some off the wall ones like the sheep in this state are scared or we are lousy sports fans (which we aren't lousy, but I don't recommend coming to WVU college football games if you intend on voting for the other team...kinda like not going to any Colorado University game in Boulder if Colorado plays bad).

I'm sorry, I;m from Backwards Crime-Ridden Town 377 (and that's just in my state)

Loreic
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Jan 2009, 5:39 pm

Georgia, confederate flags, hunting, rednecks, and pretty much every southern stereotype out there.