Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

jennthered
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Dec 2005, 9:48 pm

Just wanted to say hello to you all. I'm new to the site here, but not to AS. I have 5 children. 3 have special needs. One is diagnosed AS for past 3 years, although we suspected PDD 5 years ago. The AS is actually my "favorite" of the diagnoses that we deal with in our home - I hope that does not sound too strange. Even for all its trials, AS has its funny and whimsical moments and I can play to its strengths...whereas something like Depression or Oppositional Defiant Disorder is never fun, and I just tend to feel self-defeated with it no matter how much parent training we get.

Well that's it for now. Nice to meet you guys. I've been wanting to venture out on-line again. Found this place through an AS consultant and it seems really cool and helpful. :)

JsMom
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Dec 2005, 8:48 am

Welcome to the site. I hope it is helpful to you. I know it has been helpful to me.

Endersdragon
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2005, 2:48 pm

ODD is always fun liar! lol sorry its just another of my DXes though it was alot worse when I was younger. Anyway Im the unofficial official parent helper aspie so feel free to ask me anything :).

Vote for me in 2020 :-D