Page 3 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2009, 3:56 pm

I don't have any inhibitions to begin with so the original posters assumptions are not entirely correct. I drink beer to slow my mind down from it's normal mach 2 level to a more comfortable mach 1 so for me it is a way to relax. When I was a kid I used it as a tool to appear to be more social since it was easier explaining your stupid behavior on beer than it was to just admit that you acted stupidly all the time.

russian
Raven
Raven

08 Jan 2009, 2:56 am

america has issues with alcohol consumption that relate to WASP culture anyway. When the Irish, Polish-Slavic immigrants, and Germans drank much more than the WASP class, the protestants started passing laws to close bars on Sunday and so on. They wanted to curtail the fun of the Catholic workers. Seriously. Today we can't imagine the anti-immigration attitudes that existed toward white Catholic only 100 years ago, but they were one of the driving forces in the anti-alcohol movement
-even today many, if not most americans, define alcohol abuse as drinking every day, which might even have health benefits.