Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Diamond_Head
Raven
Raven

10 Jan 2009, 4:16 am

Quote:
I am not really giving up, but at the same time I am not going out of my to make things happen . I understand your point Diamond_Head, and you will probably reply by saying something like 'nothing ventured, nothing gained'. I suppose that the reason why the few of us that regards ourselves 'as not meant for' types, is probably due to our inablity to make things happen in the first place.

Not at all. To each his own. I have no reason to convince you that any course of action is the right one to take, beyond saying that life is too short not to take a stand at some point and fight to achieve the things that you desire- including love and attraction.

There's no reason that love should "not be meant for" you, which is an unfortunate mindset that many people seem to have. As previously stated, you're just as deserving as the next man. Love isn't something just allocated to a lucky few who divine grace has somehow deemed worthy. It's something you have to burn for and search for until you find it.

In terms of being unable to make anything happen- The potential of each human being is impossible to calculate. Why sell yourself short, without first finding out what you're truly capable of?

Quote:
If a single woman I'm attracted to ever shows up at my group's open board game night (no single women have shown up), or some other activity I participate in, I'd probably try to get to know her. However, there is no reason to expect that to change and I don't see the point in hoping for something to happen that is purely random luck.

If it matters little to you either way, then there's no reason to change anything. If you hope to find someone you like (as you said, a single woman you're attracted to), but you know that there is very little chance of that ever occurring through an open board game night, why not try another hobby where your chances are at least a little better?

It isn't just purely random luck, although I'm sure luck can play a role in it. You can still stack the odds more in your favor depending on the way you approach things, and how much you desire what you're searching for.

TheMaverick
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Jan 2009, 10:05 am

ToadOfSteel wrote:
I'm not meant for dating... I'm meant for an actual loving relationship...

dito, if only we could just jump to the next chapter.

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2009, 4:16 pm

Diamond_Head wrote:
Quote:
If it matters little to you either way, then there's no reason to change anything. If you hope to find someone you like (as you said, a single woman you're attracted to), but you know that there is very little chance of that ever occurring through an open board game night, why not try another hobby where your chances are at least a little better?

It isn't just purely random luck, although I'm sure luck can play a role in it. You can still stack the odds more in your favor depending on the way you approach things, and how much you desire what you're searching for.

I have other hobbies, but run into the same problem with each of them. No single women when I go fishing. No single women at my fishing club. No single women in my martial arts class. No women at all at my job. And it's hard to meet women at the movies.

roadGames
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Jan 2009, 4:33 pm

I dunno, the dynamic that arises from interaction between two people who are mutually attracted leaves me hungry for more even after I f**k it up countless times.

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2009, 5:12 pm

I'm not complaining about my circumstances, I've come to terms with them and just don't see any viable options for change.