Page 7 of 9 [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

gamefreak
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2009, 2:10 pm

twoshots wrote:
gamefreak wrote:
What do you mean. Under Clinton our country has at its best. Almost Full Employment, Rapid Growth.

Do you pay any attention? It is considered frequently that the current economic problems cause's began in the Clinton administration.

All deep recessions start as minor recessions. So we had a minor recession in 2001. Also I don't believe the .com bubble has anything to do with Clinton. Nor the Housing Bubble, Clinton actually stopped a economic collapse in 2001 by his regulation policies.

A lot of businesses like K-Mart & Oil Industries nearly collapsed in 2001 & Clinton helped stop it.

history_of_psychiatry
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2009, 2:21 pm

ALL of our presidents have been pretty crappy. Same with all kings, queens, czars, and pharohs. Some are better than others but they still all suck because no world leader TRULY cares about the people. Hey, we are just the crappy people. Why should they care about us when they have their own greedy asses to worry about?

Litigious
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2009, 5:58 am

history_of_psychiatry wrote:
ALL of our presidents have been pretty crappy. Same with all kings, queens, czars, and pharohs. Some are better than others but they still all suck because no world leader TRULY cares about the people. Hey, we are just the crappy people. Why should they care about us when they have their own greedy asses to worry about?

Agreed.

'Tis munny in my purse.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2009, 2:50 pm

Litigious wrote:

Agreed.

Thirded.

notbrianna
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Jan 2009, 12:16 am

I'm suprised that only one person thinks that Pierce was one of the worst presidents, when he is considered to be in the top 10 worst presidents.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2009, 8:15 am

notbrianna wrote:
I'm suprised that only one person thinks that Pierce was one of the worst presidents, when he is considered to be in the top 10 worst presidents.

Well he was a dark horse candidate. Plus blame Stephen Douglas for threaten him with things.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical ... ey_results

DNForrest
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2009, 8:25 am

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
Litigious wrote:

Agreed.

Thirded.

The classic line from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:
Quote:
The major problem - one of the major problems, for there are several - one of the many major problems with governing people is that of whom you get to do it; or rather of who manages to get people to let them do it to them.
To summarize: it is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it. To summarize the summary: anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job. To summarize the summary of the summary: people are a problem.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2009, 9:29 am

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
Litigious wrote:

Agreed.

Thirded.

Disagreed.

There have been a number of excellent leaders throughout history. There have been plenty of crappy leaders as well, but saying that all rulers ever were terrible is just stupid.

Litigious
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2009, 1:48 pm

Most of them were jerks. And even Alexander the Great, Hannibal, Julius Caesar, Frederick the Great, Napoleon or Karl XII were probably not very nice and tolerant people as war leaders.

'Tis munny in my purse.

monkees4va
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jan 2009, 1:49 pm

Bush.
Bush.
and Bush.
:mrgreen:

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 65 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2009, 3:02 pm

Litigious wrote:
Most of them were jerks. And even Alexander the Great, Hannibal, Julius Caesar, Frederick the Great, Napoleon or Karl XII were probably not very nice and tolerant people as war leaders.

How about Cyrus the Great? He was a pretty chill guy.

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2009, 7:50 pm

go cyrus!

'k, rather than just blurting out "bush!" like many of the people here, i did some research. i was originally going to say william howard taft but after some research i must say that warren g. harding was pretty bad. i'm not sure if andrew jackson was all too great either with his trail of tears.

also, let's just say that william henry harrison is off limits.

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2009, 10:35 pm

Historically, James Buchanan was the biggest failure as a president. In my memory, I think Carter was the worst.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2009, 11:06 pm

9CatMom wrote:
Historically, James Buchanan was the biggest failure as a president. In my memory, I think Carter was the worst.

Carter is there but he ranks higher than Buchanan because one thing

Buchanan's inability to avert the Civil War has subsequently been assessed as the worst single failure by any President of the United States.

^That reason along with other things that made it look that he committed treason in his only term.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2009, 11:16 pm

The top ten presidents are the following (You might be in shock) (This was a poll done by Wall Street)

1. George Washington
2. Abraham Lincoln
3. Franklin D. Roosevelt
4. Thomas Jefferson
5. Theodore Roosevelt
6. Ronald Reagan
7. Harry S. Truman
8. Dwight D. Eisenhower
9. James K. Polk
10. Andrew Jackson

(This is historical rankings because Jackson was the only President to pay off the national debt)

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2009, 11:23 pm

Say what you want about Andy Jackson, but that man was bad. ass.