Web posting, comments, blogging have made me more confident

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

ablomov
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Jan 2009, 4:23 pm

This last year, my first year of blogging, commenting on forums and communicating with others on-line has helped my self confidence. As a self diagnosed aspi sort of not immediately detectable (early middle age) my web connections with others has helped me 'open up'. From little ie truthfully next to zero connection with others i now exchange with several people and importantly when I meet others face to face am more able to quickly search verbally for areas of common ground.

Does this resonate with others?

As background :- I have been self employed many years as working with the same group of people is a complete no-no for me. I'm too sensitive ie a sensation of being 'skinless' - so, to be able to make remarks, observations, interact online is very pleasant for me. There were times at the end when I worked among others that I was so fearful i would freeze and wish to actually physically hide from all people. A young man of twenty five should be confident and eager for life - not the opposite as i was. At seventeen between school and work I wanted to kill myself. Not one other person had any idea what was going on, then again there was not one person that actually knew me, or made any worthwhile human connection. The joy now of not working among others is always a big thing for me. I realise now a lot of this upset was crap parents, each one was totally inadequete and obstructive in their own way. Thirty something years after he died I harbour intense hatred towards my Dad, these last few days its come back with a vengeance - oh dear - the workings of the mind.......

Last edited by ablomov on 09 Jan 2009, 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

millie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2009, 4:41 pm

Quote:
ablomov wrote:
This last year, my first year of blogging, commenting on forums and communicating with others on-line has helped my self confidence. As a self diagnosed aspi sort of not immediately detectable (early middle age) my web connections with others has helped me 'open up'. From little ie truthfully next to zero connection with others i now exchange with several people and importantly when I meet others face to face am more able to quickly search verbally for areas of common ground.

that is great ablomov. :wink:

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2009, 4:51 pm

Same, I think it's cos I can think about a post before I press send, but in real life I just say stuff as it comes into my head, which makes people hate me. But online, people like me! :D

y es como un semestre"

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 Jan 2009, 7:51 pm

ablomov wrote:

Yes this does strike a chord with me. Only in the online forums to I feel I have the freedom to open up that I do not find elsewhere.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2009, 9:07 pm

well, I've been bloggin' or chatting for about 12 years, so it comes natural-like...;) but I'm glad to hear it's helping you...