Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Tonia
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Dec 2005, 10:52 am

is there anyone here who has a similar tendency to get intensely attached to a certain person easily-*not romantic!- or older people rather than ppl your own age/and or have a need to hug alot? or anyone here who isnt really autistic but might have some quirky traits w/people/or quirky tendencies like rocking to music, etc, intense obsessions w/"typical" interests(piano etc)
see my previous post. can you please be specific in your description so i understand thanks

Last edited by Tonia on 13 Dec 2005, 11:05 am, edited 3 times in total.

QuirkyCarla
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2005, 11:00 am

Tonia wrote:
is there anyone here who has a similar tendency to get attached to a certain person easily-*not romantic! or have a tendency to get attached to older people rather than ppl your own age/and or have a need to hug alot? or anyone here who isnt really autistic but might have some quirky traits w/people/or quirky tendencies, like myself.
see my previous post.

I'm quirky and autistic :D

Tonia
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Dec 2005, 11:16 am

can you tell me what your specific tendencies are? are they similar to mine?
-tonia

McManager
Raven
Raven

13 Dec 2005, 11:29 am

Well I get attached to people all the time. Once I'm not afraid to talk to someone, I practically consider them my best friend. I just like familiarity, so I become attached to people because I feel uncomfortable being around people I don't know. I feel even more uncomfortable walking around in public without being around someone I know. I don't really feel like hugging people though. I was a serious chiraptophobic throughout high school, but I've since loosened up a bit about that. (Though unwarrented touching still freaks me out a little.) I do realize that it doesn't matter who the person is though. I've been 'attached' to different people over the years, but once they're gone I never really miss them. I just miss having that someone to be around to make me feel comfortable in certain situations. Does that make sense? (I have trouble getting my point across sometimes, not for lack of words though)

animallover
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2005, 3:40 pm

I do the same thing - it seems to really creep people out and is part of the reason that I choose to be completley asocial . . . I've never gotten along with people my own age . . .