Veteran

16 Jan 2009, 1:33 pm

I'm 18 and still look like a 15-year-old. :cry:

Dobbin
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Jan 2009, 1:50 pm

I'm 17 and my mom says I look 12 or 13.

Actually the more exposure you have to the sun the more you age. Since I don't get that much sunlight I my skin doesn't age as fast. 8)

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2009, 5:43 pm

I actually look older because of my height though I'm 20.

Flismflop
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2009, 8:18 pm

People who don't know me have always thought I was younger than I really am. When I was 26, a 14 year old told me that she and I would make a convincing couple. Last year, I was a year older than White House press secretary Dana Perino is now, yet two people couldn't determine if I was still a teen or not.

I'm not sure it's appearance that affords this to an aspie (although I'm not old enough to have wrinkles yet). It might be something more to do with vocal inflections which differ from anything that NTs are accustomed to hearing.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2009, 9:48 pm

I'm 44, but look younger because I am short (5'1").

ThisUserNameIsTaken
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Jan 2009, 2:24 am

Flismflop wrote:
People who don't know me have always thought I was younger than I really am. When I was 26, a 14 year old told me that she and I would make a convincing couple. Last year, I was a year older than White House press secretary Dana Perino is now, yet two people couldn't determine if I was still a teen or not.

I'm not sure it's appearance that affords this to an aspie (although I'm not old enough to have wrinkles yet). It might be something more to do with vocal inflections which differ from anything that NTs are accustomed to hearing.

That could certainly be part of it, but I think the major factor is still physical appearnce. Something that may cause aspies to look younger due to our behavior though is our choice of dress. Since we're not as aware of fashion as NTs it's likely that some of us dress in a style that's actually more characteristic of a younger age group without knowing it. Then there's other factors, such as body fat (skinny people tend to look younger, especially for guys), height (no one is going to mistake a 6'3" person for a child, though a 4'3" person may have problems), and facial structure. Also, gender can play a role since females retain a lot of juvenile physical characteristics (at least in the face) and have a much higher risk than males of looking substantially younger than they really are (especially if they have small breasts and hips). Whether such traits are affected by AS or not is something I'm not aware of.

unreal3x
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Jan 2009, 4:04 am

Sometimes if people ask me how old I am, I'll ask them how old do I look? And they usually tell me something somewhere in the 20s. But if I shave, could appear 16-18. I am 19 and I think I look about 19.

irikarah
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Jan 2009, 5:36 am

I'm 28, but am often confused for someone around 22-24. Not a huge difference, I guess, but it's something. I feel like my face looks more haggard and puffy this past year, though. Probably weight gain.

EgaoNoGenki
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Jan 2009, 6:54 am

You know, I don't like to tell my age (because Tias and MissConstrue, the principal bullies here, will use this as another ammunition to attack me with,) but I want to look no older than 17. If there was a range I'd prefer in how old I'd look, I'd go with 12-17.

I've seen a 12-year-old about my height, and an even-taller 14-year-old.

Oh, WAIT!! !

Is there a website that lets others gauge how old you look??? (Much like how HotOrNot.com gauges how hot you look.)