Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

rikivans
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Aug 2015, 9:57 am

Lazershow wrote:
does anime count? If it does than i would say Hikigaya from My youth romantic comedy is wrong as I expected.

Wow, someone really mentioned him! Nice pick.

Skurvey
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Aug 2015, 3:58 am

What about the Sherlock Homes from Elementary?

jimmyboy76453
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2015, 5:11 am

Maybe not Ross, but how about Chandler from Friends? I've been thinking about this a lot lately. He has an odd sense of humor which mostly comes from the fact that he sees things differently than the rest of the group. He is socially awkward and uncomfortable with anyone but his friends, especially in later seasons. There's a line in a later episode where he says, "I'm not comfortable with this type of social situation" to which his wife replies, "what type of social situation are you comfortable with?" implying that he is never comfortable in social situations of any type. He makes a LOT of odd comments, and even though his friends love him, they don't really understand him. He has a hard time at his job because of social situations and loses jobs he is very well qualified for because of something dumb he says. And he gets way more help from his friends than anyone else on how to navigate social issues like breaking up with Janice, saving a relationship in trouble, dealing with a bad roommate, going to a job interview, handling various relationship issues with Monica, talking to strangers about important things, giving out advice, etc.

Monica: "remember when I said you needed to figure out relationship stuff on your own? You're not ready for that."
Chandler: "I didn't think I was!"

Plus, a lot of people I talk to tell me, 'you are just like Chandler!'

Rockymtnchris
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Aug 2015, 5:29 am

Howard Bannister in "What's Up, Doc". Fixated on his rock collection, clumsy, very socially awkward, and frequently had trouble expressing himself despite being highly educated.

Neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 125 of 200
Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 93 of 200

RAADS:
Total score-161.0 Language-18.0 Social relatedness-69.0 Sensory/motor-39.0

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2015, 6:30 pm

I would say Chrona from Soul Eater I was a lot like him when I was younger.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList