Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

AnnePande
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2009, 3:05 pm

I don't like it either, especially not with others (i.e. my family). It's better when I do it alone so there's no one to say, this or that is really nice, try it (and it's not sure that I think it's nice - or I find something that's nice in my opinion and they don't think so - and of course, their opinion, not mine, is what counts).

Or some find some very tight blouses, shirts etc. and think it's really smart, but I don't like having it on (it's difficult to get it on in the first place).

I just can't get excited about clothes in the same way that they can, and expect me to be.

Furthermore I have never liked having to put something on, then take it off to get some new on, and off, and... I think it's troublesome, and I get tired of it, it's like I'm using a lot of energy then. Other people (NTs?) don't seem to feel the same way. Anyone else here who feels that way?
I'm not sure if it's a sensory issue.

ForgottenDarkness
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Mar 2009, 4:26 pm

MALE INFILTRATION:

women after my own heart.

Hovis
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2009, 7:52 am

AnnePande wrote:
Furthermore I have never liked having to put something on, then take it off to get some new on, and off, and... I think it's troublesome, and I get tired of it, it's like I'm using a lot of energy then. Other people (NTs?) don't seem to feel the same way. Anyone else here who feels that way?

Yes, definitely.

A lot of NT women like clothes 'shopping' even when they don't intend to even buy anything. They just like looking at the clothes and trying them on. Seems pointless to me.

kyethra
Raven
Raven

09 Mar 2009, 11:26 pm

My family thinks I'm so odd- I buy the vast majority of my clothing online. Online I can find better prices. I'm cheap. Online, I can find more sizes. I'm both tall and plus size. Online, I can browse styles and colors and get a better variety. If I don't like it, I can just send it back. I can try things on comfortably at home with the appropriate foundation garment (some of us need more spanx than others). I'm picky. It is difficult to be picky when I'm surrounded and tired. People in the store get in my way. They never queue properly either. Or they will be sold out of the right color. Plus I actually have to get to the place of shopping and back home again, with all the stuff. That is a major inconvenience.

Timelady
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2009, 3:02 pm

I hate having to go to clothes shops too, especially with mum and her friend. I find it embarrassing because I'm with my mother who is middle aged.

I hardly go with friends, but if I do, it wouldn't really bother me.

I also hate lights at at clothes shop because I get headaches, eyestrain and I'm mildly short sighted.

Changing room, I get claustrophobic and I'm paranoid in case of cameras.

I prefer men's stuff to women's stuff but not the right size.

Spacedoubt
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Apr 2009, 3:24 pm

I actually have panic attacks when I have to shop for clothes. The bright lights, the awful music, the terrible, uncomfortable, ugly clothes. I actually order my clothes on the internet sometimes because I just can't handle it.

Many times people have given me Christmas or birthday presents that are clothes or make-up that they think I should wear. I can't, though. I can't.

CelticRose
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2009, 11:28 pm

I had to go clothes shopping yesterday because they changed the dress code at work without giving us any warning. :(

I couldn't find a single pair of pants that fit me, so I have to go somewhere else later in the week. :(

On the plus side, I found some cotton sweaters and T-shirts -- the T-shirts are tagless! :D Also, a 100% cotton blazer, so the next time they make us dress up I'll actually be comfortable. :)

I lucked out -- Target was understaffed so I was able to take all of my chosen items into the dressing room and didn't have to worry about someone stealing or restocking them. 8)

Autism Speaks does not speak for me. I am appalled to discover that Alex Plank has allied himself with an organization that is dedicated to eliminating autistic people. I no longer wish to have anything to do with Wrong Planet. Delete this account.