How can I get a 'girly' Friend (No not a Girl Friend)

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

TheKingsRaven
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Mar 2009, 1:08 pm

I can't help you with specific examples, I wasn't there so there's no way I'll be accurate, if its a common thing for people to think your hitting on them ask a someone you know offline what your doing that makes people think that.

As for letting them know they can text you etc, you be the sort of person that other people feel ok to confide in and then they will; on how to do that I can't really say much more than what I said in my previous post: respect people as individual human beings, don't have an agenda (trying to make friends counts as an agenda) and just generally be polite and helpful.

Gliesen_Antrho
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Apr 2009, 12:38 pm

no luck on this.

Quote:
common thing for people to think your hitting on them ask a someone you know offline what your doing that makes people think that

Asked a guy I know, apparntly thought I was gay due to lack of hitting on women, so can't be that.

Quote:
As for letting them know they can text you etc, you be the sort of person that other people feel ok to confide in and then they will; on how to do that I can't really say much more than what I said in my previous post: respect people as individual human beings, don't have an agenda (trying to make friends counts as an agenda) and just generally be polite and helpful.

I've always prided myself on my politeness, manners and trustworthiness. Though how people will ever know when they never say more than hello to me I don't know.

This is so common, I guess the mere fact that I went up to them must mean I have an agenda even when I think I have no agenda other than saying Hi to someone.

It makes me feel like giving up.

starygrrl
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2009, 3:07 pm

My advice is to try community theater. It sounds like the place you could possibly make friends with regards to a few of these things.

My other advice is to go over to AVEN (asexuality.org). I think they may have a good idea how to approach you situation. Alot of folks on the board have AS as well as being asexual.

Gliesen_Antrho

26 Apr 2009, 9:13 pm

looking 4som community theatre nearby. Thinking maybe go to a production, but is buy 1 get 1 free. What the heck am I gonna do with an extra ticket? I'll be so depressed if I end up sitting next to an empty chair.

Looked at AVEN, seems this is a common problem for asexuals, couldn't fiind anything in the way of a solution though. wonder if I am asexual. Hmm does that mean I can go to LGBT? I've wanted to but not being into guys.. :?

From reading all the other bad luck guys seem to have with romance, maybe I should just hit on a girl so I get rejected and straight into the friends zone. :lol:

Gliesen_Antrho

22 May 2009, 2:38 pm

Quote:
girls don't get it when guys like to show off in front of other boys, friendly, someone to confide in, someone to give a hug to Wink, and just be abke to talk about anything really, honesty is the key fact if you see what i mean

and to be someone who the girl can pick up the phone to call or send a message to when she needs anything, girly friendships are different, you're there for each other no matter what, different than boy friendships, you can talk about anything or everything at any time
Come to think of it TKR when I posted this is exactly what I meant by girly and precisley the friendship I want. I can't stand all the showing off and going on about girls that other guys do. If they were there for me then I'd pick up the phone at 4am or whatever. I get so jealous of girls hugging each other, I wish I got hugged that much(though not neccasary by girls, but it is not a very guy thing to do it seems) TKR can you tell me how you managed?

ericc
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 May 2009, 12:57 pm

Excuse me. I was wondering if you identify as Androgyne, Genderqueer or Non-Binary Gender Nonconformist?

If so, you would be in the subgene of Transgender in the LGBT area.

Don't worry, your not alone. I identify in the Gender of Androgyne myself.

Though my feminine side is more into Cats, Theatre, Parks, Nature, I freak out if I see bugs, Fabrics, And I'm attracted to Masculine Women but that's another story. LOL

But yeah, try to find a local Transgender meeting or social group around your area. That's what I'm currently looking for myself. :) Good Luck with everything.

P.S. feel free to email me [email protected]

Gliesen_Antrho

25 May 2009, 7:00 am

Quote:
Excuse me. I was wondering if you identify as Androgyne, Genderqueer or Non-Binary Gender Nonconformist?

I have never heard of these terms untill now. I have always thought of myself as a straight guy who is a bit girly, like a reverse tomboy ("TomGirl"). Though I'm starting to wonder if I may be asexual. I mean I'm not so intrested in girl who act like guys. Most of my family are convinved I'm gay.

Quote:
Though my feminine side is more into Cats, Theatre, Parks, Nature, I freak out if I see bugs, Fabrics, And I'm attracted to Masculine Women but that's another story.
I'm a bird-lover so don't like cats cos of the damage they do. At the pub sometimes a girl will coo over how cute the baby birds are (it has a balcony over the river) but guys won't do that and girls are quickly taken away. :( Am into theatre too, love nature especally canals,riversides,meadows,marshlands anywhere with water really.

I learnt how to deal with spiders but worms/slugs freak me out.

Gifted-Monster
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 May 2009, 7:09 am

*Shrugs* Asexuality is good for developing aspies.

Me...I'm asexual for the most part. My best friends are female. Not because they're easy on the eye but because they're intelligent and we both know we don't want in the others pants.

Equality and fun.

A good way to get female friends is to open up around them. Aspies can often invoke maternal instincts to a degree so if you play your cards right...you'll have a devoted, loving caring female friend.

ericc
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 May 2009, 10:37 am

I've noticed that I can open up to women but I can't to men. I can have a sick and twisted sense of humor in front of men but women seem to lot like it as much. That's why I love Tomboys because they are kind of both. Androgyne like me sort of.