Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 2:22 pm

I would be sad :(

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 2:44 pm

I'd start up WPII, with few (if any) changes.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 5:56 pm

I'd finally be able to write that bloody novel I keep putting off ! !!

Chimaeran
Raven
Raven

13 Jan 2009, 7:11 pm

I'd miss the people I've seen here- everyone here seems to be really awesome. But I'd live, my real life seems to be good now.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

13 Jan 2009, 10:49 pm

If WP were shut down, I would feel very sad. For once in my life, I have been able to talk to people like me. We on the autistic spectrum are a special breed, and I have come to feel like the WP is a vital part of my being now. Here, I can speak on these forums, and I feel like I am understood. I have been able to share things/feelings with you here that I have never been able to share anywhere else. So if this site were no more, I would feel quite lonely because I have come to know some of you in a special way that I only feel fellow autistic spectrum people can. If for some terrible reason the WP ever shut down and let us know in advance it was going off line, I would try to get the email addresses of those of you I have come to know. If it were shut down before I could get those email addresses, I would feel a tremendous detachment from you. Let's hope this never happens.

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 11:50 pm

I have some WP people emails, so all is good (:

Prof_Pretorius wrote:
I'd finally be able to write that bloody novel I keep putting off ! !!

o_O
fo'real? What is it about??

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2009, 12:11 am

It'd be like losing Star Trek...again...;) a PITA, but life goes on. Eventually, it would come back in another form, even hosted by another person. It was necessary...

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2009, 8:19 pm

I`ve only been here about 2 months, but already this site is an important part of my life.
For the first time in my life I feel a true sense of belonging. It has been a great relief to see that the things that make me stand out IRL are normal here. I am hopeless at talking to people and most don`t get me at all, so I have been in desperate need of a place like this. Sure there are other sites, but they are mostly way less active. WP has given me a lot and I would be very sad to see it go. :cry:
Long live WP! :D

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2009, 9:13 pm

i lost it when wrongplanet was hacked a few years ago. i was so distraught and angry. i wrote a vengeful letter to the company who supported the hacker and cursed the world.
i'd be rather sad if it was not here today but not at a total loss. i don't use it to walk anymore. it's good to lean on every now and then. i'd also worry about several other people on here who seem to need this website.

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2009, 11:29 pm

I would appreciate warning before this happened, as I would probably smash my computer in frustration - thinking my computer was being psycho on me or something.
I would be sad of course, but it's not the worse thing that could happen. I have access to some people (only a couple, I'm really careful about giving it out) through my e-mail, and that would be the main thing I would miss.
I think too people would protest and somebody else would take over the site though.

notbrianna
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Jan 2009, 11:49 pm

Honestly, I don't think that WP will be shut down. Based on the responses to this thread and the large number of members with 500+ posts I'm almost posative that someone would take over if Alex did decide to shut it down.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2009, 2:18 am

If I had the techical knowledge to run a website and the finance to meet Alex's asking price, I'd buy WP.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2009, 2:56 am

The temptation just join another aspie site would be strong.

I've already enlisted in 3.

musicislife
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2009, 4:44 pm

ShadesOfMe wrote:
I'd be extremely depressed, and I probably couldn't take it. at all. Now i'm sad. :(

same here. :cry: WP is my home on the 'net.

velodog
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

18 Jan 2009, 7:13 pm

Continue posting at other sites.