Page 3 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2009, 1:00 am

I don't think I read user names that i found to be negative before.

Digimon, Kingdom Hearts... I've been a fan of both, so the name Sora occurred me.

Short, unisex, two vocals and beginning with 'S'. That kind of did it for me.

LazySlacker
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2009, 1:03 am

I wonder if this is about me...

This username is a double negative somewhat. Occasionally, I'm a pretty active guy.

-JR
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2009, 2:31 am

^I would have picked that name if I wasn't such a lazy slacker. :P

-JR was anonymous, easy to type, and applies to many of my own internal nicknames. JR is many things, but says nothing at all to anyone.

Gloomy_Pluto
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Jan 2009, 3:01 am

twoshots wrote:
^Would I? Oh, on the contrary, I'd get even. There's a good reason they chose the term "dwarf planet"...
Image :P

Haha, I love it. XD

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2009, 12:49 pm

My username is there because its my username on other sites. Don't know why I chose it though

solinoure
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Mar 2009, 11:10 pm

KateShroud wrote:
Mine came from when I used to play D&D. We were playing a team of superhero characters, and I came up with Kate Shroud. She was blind and had powers such as blindfighting, teleporting via shadow, and shaping darkness into solid objects.

Mine has its origin in D&D too. I was a DM and Solinoure was my Elder wizard NPC - Kinda like an Elminster, Gandalf or Allenon only he's a banished elf living among humans...

After the fact an aquaintance told me that 'noure' is night or dark in french. (I bet someone knows french on this board)
So, Solinoure is the night sun (a star/moon?) or a light in the dark... I like that - it seems to have worked out well. :)

KateShroud
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Austin, Texas, United States, north America, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

03 Mar 2009, 11:46 pm

I don't know French, but I wish I could play D&D again. It's been a while.

CelticRose
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2009, 12:25 am

A good part of my ancestry is Celtic and Rose just sounded pretty. :D

@TallyMan: Perhaps they choose a negative user name because they're depressed when they first join. A lot of us have joined right after we found out/realized that we have AS. It's very depressing to have so much difficulty in life and not know why.

Autism Speaks does not speak for me. I am appalled to discover that Alex Plank has allied himself with an organization that is dedicated to eliminating autistic people. I no longer wish to have anything to do with Wrong Planet. Delete this account.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2009, 5:00 am

CelticRose wrote:
@TallyMan: Perhaps they choose a negative user name because they're depressed when they first join. A lot of us have joined right after we found out/realized that we have AS. It's very depressing to have so much difficulty in life and not know why.

You are maybe right. For me it was a relief discovering aspergers and the very high likelihood that I had it. So many pieces fell into place with associated "Aha!" moments that I was quite cheerful, though a little nervous when first joining this site.

The name TallyMan sprung into my mind because I'm always counting which seems to be related to Aspergers either as a sort of mental stim or compulsion.

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2009, 11:35 am

Gina is my name and the "ghetto princess" part is sarcasm because a) I live in a boring rural place that is very unghetto, and b) I ain't a princess because I'm always broke and I don't have royal manners, LOL.

y es como un semestre"

Thatmew
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2009, 6:09 pm

Do I have to explain the simplicity of my Nickname, again?
Here I go again.
That. Mew. Mew=Very cute Pokémon, and if I were able to be any Pokémon, the carefree and cute kittenish Pokémon would be the one for me! I happen to be rather carefree myself, and an optimist. It was that or Dr. Cat, since I like cats.

Asmodeus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2009, 6:20 pm

Given the content of this thread I'm considering making a "Why do people make lame threads" thread to attact stories of great theads.

My name is the first of my full internet name. If you want to know what it means go google. I like it, it isn't used irl.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2009, 9:18 pm

I thought Asmodeus was a demon.

the picture on one of the avatars is Vlad Tsepesh (sp?), but a bey was an Ottoman official back in the day...ironic...;)

Mine's from 'the Pakled award for smart people and technical things'...;)

Asmodeus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2009, 10:12 pm

pakled wrote:
I thought Asmodeus was a demon.

the picture on one of the avatars is Vlad Tsepesh (sp?), but a bey was an Ottoman official back in the day...ironic...;)

Mine's from 'the Pakled award for smart people and technical things'...;)

Point for you. Please instigate said award and compete with the nobel prize. Shake stuff up a bit. It's getting mildly boring.