Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

LadyKathleen
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Jan 2009, 8:54 pm

I find myself drawn to shinto the native religion of japan because it teaches us that nature and all the beings in it are blessed with many divine forces. I go out hiking for that very purpose. I take pictures of landscapes more than people because i find them inspiring. I also like to learn about the chakras because i am a yoga enthusiast and i recently read an article in yoga journal that talked about the yamas and found a lot of things that spoke to my heart...for example i do not let the desires for materialistic things sway me over because desires are the basis of all sin in this world. Its fun to explore my faith without declaring a single religion, at least i think so

v0lume
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Jan 2009, 8:59 pm

It's cool that you choose to follow the religion of your origin :)
Sadly many good religions are dissapearing because people are forgetting where they came from. My origins are completely ruined and replaced by more "major" religions though.. But I still like to carry on the customs of my ancestors too :)

pgd
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2011, 3:21 pm

There's a Japanese Tea Garden in Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, California which can be a fun tour.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

19 Jan 2011, 3:36 pm

I'm still trying to be a taoist. :jester:

Salonfilosoof
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2011, 3:54 pm

Eastern religion is absolutely fascinating and contains FAR more wisdom than Abrahamic religions ever did. Personally I'm drawn to Taoism, Confusionism as well as Shinto but especially to Hinduism (Advaita Vedanta in particular). Other influences are Wotanism, Shamanism, rationalist philosophers and the classic philosophers that inspired them. Nevertheless I'm not a religious person and don't practice any religious rituals. I consider myself an agnostic somewhere in between atheism and various forms of pantheism.