Page 2 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

What is your favorite martial art referenced?
Jiu Jitsu 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
Okinawan 11%  11%  [ 1 ]
Jeet Kun Do 44%  44%  [ 4 ]
Choy Gar 11%  11%  [ 1 ]
Nintaijutsu 11%  11%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 9

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 7:04 pm

I love Aikido most of all. Hope to teach it someday.

Grappling is really great too.

I have always had trouble to preset katas on my own. Have always had trouble remembering.

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

sethzack
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 7:05 pm

garyww wrote:
Who do you think first came up with the idea of harnassing the mind so that it blended with the body and became a single entity? The study of the arts is the very core of what being autistic is all about. Alternate forms of perception and expression.

I had never thought of that, that is very interesting. I always thought you were really wise, thanks for not disappointing. :)

I Want To Become Stronger...
... Than I Was Yesterday!! !! - The words in my avatar picture.

sethzack
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 7:06 pm

Sedaka wrote:

I have always had trouble to preset katas on my own. Have always had trouble remembering.

I have trouble remembering many things as well, I haven't found a link between AS and memory problems though.

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 7:13 pm

sethzack wrote:
Sedaka wrote:

I have trouble remembering many things as well, I haven't found a link between AS and memory problems though.

NLVD can cause trouble in that department with learning/remembering sequential things (such as number sequences)...

I get up there with even one other person... and I remember them fine. Couple due to to visual/spatial cues, which is hippocampal related.

Anyway, here's my Aikido Sensei :)

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com

Last edited by Sedaka on 14 Jan 2009, 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

sethzack
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 7:40 pm

Sedaka wrote:
sethzack wrote:
Sedaka wrote:

NLVD can cause trouble in that department with learning/remembering sequential things (such as number sequences)...

I get up there with even one other person... and I remember them fine. Couple due to to visual/spatial cues, which is hippocampal related.

Your Sensei is on the right?

neshamaruach
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Jan 2009, 8:57 pm

sethzack wrote:
neshamaruach wrote:
sethzack wrote:
Before I say anyhing else I have to point out you made three errors in my username, First you capitalized the S, second you also capitalized the Z, and last you also misspelled Zack. I am sorry but I am particular about my username, it has been my identity most of my life...

Hey, sethzack, my apologies. I usually notice these things.

Glad you found my feedback helpful. It would be great if you became the first famous martial artist with AS. Then we can all say we knew you when!

P.S. Please make sure you pronounce my screen name properly. :wink:

It is OK, I shouldn't be so obsessed with my username but it's a big part of me. Thank you again and I don't quite know how to pronounce your name but I can spell it instead, thanks neshamaruach.

It's totally cool, sethzack. There was no judgment implied. When I see grammar and spelling mistakes on billboards, I feel like the world is devolving, so I totally understand about your attachment to people getting your name right. It's really fine to assert that.

And don't worry...I was just joking about my name. Only a handful of people on WP can pronounce my screen name correctly. I probably should have chosen something more understandable, but this one spoke to me. :)

sethzack
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 9:51 pm

neshamaruach wrote:
sethzack wrote:
neshamaruach wrote:
sethzack wrote:
Before I say anyhing else I have to point out you made three errors in my username, First you capitalized the S, second you also capitalized the Z, and last you also misspelled Zack. I am sorry but I am particular about my username, it has been my identity most of my life...

Glad you found my feedback helpful. It would be great if you became the first famous martial artist with AS. Then we can all say we knew you when!

It is OK, I shouldn't be so obsessed with my username but it's a big part of me. Thank you again and I don't quite know how to pronounce your name but I can spell it instead, thanks neshamaruach.

It's totally cool, sethzack. There was no judgment implied. When I see grammar and spelling mistakes on billboards, I feel like the world is devolving, so I totally understand about your attachment to people getting your name right. It's really fine to assert that.

And don't worry...I was just joking about my name. Only a handful of people on WP can pronounce my screen name correctly. I probably should have chosen something more understandable, but this one spoke to me. :)

I like seeing the different usernames people pick, if they are original and cool I think highly of the person that picked it.

neshamaruach
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Jan 2009, 10:43 pm

sethzack wrote:
neshamaruach wrote:
sethzack wrote:
neshamaruach wrote:
sethzack wrote:

I like seeing the different usernames people pick, if they are original and cool I think highly of the person that picked it.

Thanks, sethzack.

I think it would be great if you studied the martial arts. I hope you do. They build confidence by showing you that you can go further than you imagine.

sethzack
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 11:07 pm

neshamaruach wrote:
sethzack wrote:
neshamaruach wrote:
sethzack wrote:
neshamaruach wrote:
sethzack wrote:

Thanks, sethzack.

I think it would be great if you studied the martial arts. I hope you do. They build confidence by showing you that you can go further than you imagine.

Thank you and I will continue my martial arts. :D

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 11:32 pm

sethzack wrote:
Sedaka wrote:

Ya , Sensei Suenaka. Love that clip lol.

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com

Last edited by Sedaka on 14 Jan 2009, 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 11:54 pm

chasingthesun wrote:
TKD is the most popular martial art in the world, however that is because most people who train in it train in the Olympic style, not the traditional style.

Also, Bruce Lee studied TKD. I don't know what rank he held (I think the Founder of TKD, General Choi Hong-Hi gave him an honorary master rank, but I can't remember).

I studied TKD because I wanted to study with a REAL Asian master inside of the usual stupid white American that teaches at most US martial art schools. There happen to be a 9th deg grandmaster from Korea in the town I used to live so made it real easy deciding who to study with. We didn't study Olympic TKD though some students, mainly the ones with overinvolved parents, did go to tournaments.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2009, 12:01 am

<-- A bit of Krav Maga here. Not enough to be considered a "Master," but still enough to open a "Case O'Whuppinz" on some taggers messing with my car.

It was heart-warming :twisted:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Birdgirl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jan 2009, 12:30 am

I'd like to learn krav maga.

sethzack
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2009, 1:58 am

Sedaka wrote:
sethzack wrote:
Sedaka wrote:

Ya , Sensei Suenaka. Love that clip lol.

Yeah, it was cool.

sethzack
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2009, 2:04 am

Ticker wrote:
chasingthesun wrote:
TKD is the most popular martial art in the world, however that is because most people who train in it train in the Olympic style, not the traditional style.

Also, Bruce Lee studied TKD. I don't know what rank he held (I think the Founder of TKD, General Choi Hong-Hi gave him an honorary master rank, but I can't remember).

I studied TKD because I wanted to study with a REAL Asian master inside of the usual stupid white American that teaches at most US martial art schools. There happen to be a 9th deg grandmaster from Korea in the town I used to live so made it real easy deciding who to study with. We didn't study Olympic TKD though some students, mainly the ones with overinvolved parents, did go to tournaments.

That's cool, you're very lucky to find someone like that to teach you.

sethzack
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2009, 2:06 am

Fnord wrote:
<-- A bit of Krav Maga here. Not enough to be considered a "Master," but still enough to open a "Case O'Whuppinz" on some taggers messing with my car.

It was heart-warming :twisted:

That is another I have not heard of but it sounds awesome for taking out taggers. :lol: