Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Kirska
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 12:49 am

I know a lot of people hate the game but personally I have been an avid Sims fan since the very first Sims was released back in 2000.

Does anyone else enjoy the Sims (especially Sims 2)? For me, I think my obsession stems from the ability to have complete control over lives and socializing being as simple as a mouse click! If only real life were that easy. I also love building cute houses and creating families just for the heck of it.

I'm really pumped about Sims 3 as well. It's frustrating for me to pass time by with someone and not have the people around them age so I'm looking forward to having a more realistic sense of time in the game where everyone ages together.

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 2:00 am

I LOVE Sims 2. For awhile it was an obsession. I have thousands of downloads for the game and I would always create notebooks organized with all my sims names, hair colors, aspirations... everything.

I can't wait for sims 3 also. The aging process will be wonderful, plus I like the fact that there is more customizations for the sims. Before there was only two body types-- slim and not-so-slim but still not really "overweight". I'm going to *try* to avoid buying all of the expansions for this game. Try.

moonlightwhisp
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Jan 2009, 2:45 am

The Sims and The Sims 2 are definitely vices of mine. The most favorite part of any game for me is the character customization and with the Sims games, the combinations are pretty much limitless so I spend a good chunk of my time in the game doing that. I love downloading custom content too. As for the expansion packs... I tried not to buy them all, but I did anyways, lol. It just kind of sucks that I'm going to have to buy expansions all over again for Sims 3 when it gets released. Oh well! It'll be fun and hopefully worth it...

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 6:21 am

I loved it at first but then I got bored with it really quickly because it's like a mundane life: work, eat sleep, buy etc. I thought it had a lot of potential for autistic people to develop or understand social processes though.

Kirska
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 11:39 am

Yeah I bought all of the expansions at full price for BOTH Sims and Sims 2.

I can't even imagine how much money that is, but considering it's over 8, almost 9, years, I think it's not too bad :lol:

moonlightwhisp
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Jan 2009, 3:24 pm

I hope they come out with an expansion pack similar to Makin' Magic for Sims 3. That was my favorite one and I was pretty disappointed they didn't make one for Sims 2.

Relicanth7
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 4:46 pm

moonlightwhisp wrote:
The Sims and The Sims 2 are definitely vices of mine. The most favorite part of any game for me is the character customization and with the Sims games, the combinations are pretty much limitless so I spend a good chunk of my time in the game doing that. I love downloading custom content too. As for the expansion packs... I tried not to buy them all, but I did anyways, lol. It just kind of sucks that I'm going to have to buy expansions all over again for Sims 3 when it gets released. Oh well! It'll be fun and hopefully worth it...

Ive been an avid fan of the sim sieries (sims, and sim city) scince they came out...

And seriously wish I had a good enough computer to run spore...

Anyway as for games like AC, ES, Fallout, VP, etc... godgames, RTS, RPG with a good customization system... i casn easily fall in love with... as in games people say i waste time by doing aspiesh things that most people consiter........... a waste of time...

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 6:12 pm

I <3 The Sims. It's very flawed but I love it anyway. You can see my sims by clicking my myspace (WWW button, below) then going to my pictures and going to the sims pictures section.

moonlightwhisp
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Jan 2009, 6:24 pm

Veresae wrote:
I <3 The Sims. It's very flawed but I love it anyway. You can see my sims by clicking my myspace (WWW button, below) then going to my pictures and going to the sims pictures section.

Oooooo, where do you download your custom content? I've been searching high and low for good quality alternative wear for my Sims.

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 8:13 pm

moonlightwhisp wrote:
Veresae wrote:

Oooooo, where do you download your custom content? I've been searching high and low for good quality alternative wear for my Sims.

Have you tried www.modthesims2.com? Everything is free and a lot of it's good quality.

moonlightwhisp
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Jan 2009, 8:40 pm

buryuntime wrote:
Have you tried www.modthesims2.com? Everything is free and a lot of it's good quality.

Yep, I've been frequenting MTS2 for ages. It seems like traffic and download contributions have been tapering down the past few months though. I hope it picks up again after The Sims 3 comes out.

Fautzo
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Jan 2009, 8:51 pm

I have that game, i like it, though I don't play it much because i'm sick of cleaning up my sims messes, but the sims 3 sounds like it cleared out the boring things like that, so that's on my buy list.

silentbob15
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 8:54 pm

Never played the Sims, how does it compare to Second Life

Kirska
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 10:41 pm

silentbob15 wrote:
Never played the Sims, how does it compare to Second Life

:lmao:

Sorry don't mean to laugh, but people compare these two "games" all the time, and they are NOTHING ALIKE.

The premise may be the same, but in the Sims you don't interact with other real people. You control multiple people (and pets) all the way through their lives from babies to elders to ultimately death.

I guess it's hard to describe how they are different, but I have played both and basically it boils down to this. The Sims is a simulation game based on life. Second Life is a big chat room with graphics.

Kirska
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 10:42 pm

Fautzo wrote:
I have that game, i like it, though I don't play it much because i'm sick of cleaning up my sims messes, but the sims 3 sounds like it cleared out the boring things like that, so that's on my buy list.

You can automate almost everything like that. If you call services on the phone on Sims 2 (as well as Sims if I remember correctly) you can hire a maid who will show up every morning and clean everything for you. You can also hire a gardener, nanny, repairman, etc. etc. They are relatively inexpensive and one adult salary will cover all of these services.

silentbob15
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 10:50 pm

Well duh, I know that, I was asking graphics the look and feel of the Sims compared to SL, I have never ran the Sims, how is this funny?